Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: How do you add things to Sonique?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JynxxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I got DJ Cel's big batch of stuff for sonique, and everywhere I have read says to put them into the VDJ/Sonique folder....

I dont have one, as far as I can tell. I looked all in the documents VDJ folder, and in the program folder...
Where/how do I install these effects to the plugin?

Posted Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 11:38 am
Hi ! you dont have one? then just make one...name it sonique and drag the Cel files to that huh this is done while the application its closed !....its been a while but the installer for the Cel Soniques svp files should have placed them there..Oh and the Sonique folder should just be in the Video effect folder.looks like this?
VirtualDj/plugins/video effect/sonique. you can add sub folders for additional sonique types and for G-force & whitecap svp plugins which you can get from my link in my Blog (homepage) and theres further instructions in the Blog...simple really...just find that video effect folder.BTW its a good idea to install VDJ folder under documents so you can mess around more freely (not so if in the C drive)and allso ...you might need to direct VDJ's video effect Browser to the sonique folder,sort of like clipbanks with your clip files or SBDJ slideshow and your pictures,......so just Good Luck...need more help just Holla!

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 3:20 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Jynxx made these tutorials a few year back so not the best quality on YT but they may help you...

Text version if vid is no good to you

Go into config > choose video tab > go down to the bottom right drop down window and select sonique, to the left make sure you tick the box, come out of config and select effects > select video tab > select sonique > select/click on activate > select open > this is where you go to where you have your sonique folder, now open the folder and double click on a file, this will now run your sonique effects. you can now play with the two sliders for the type of effect you want. slide show delay will give you how long each effect will run for and the transparency will let you fade the soniques over other effects like a video, show logo etc...

N.B If you have the time go through your individual soniques and delete the crappy ones, just delete the .dll in the folder, saves getting them up on the screen.

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 4:12 am
Ok after messing with it for over half an hour, I realize that my plugin just doesn't work. The open button doesn't open anything, the plugin is shown when you click on Video Effects, no matter what plugin it's actually on (slide show, for example).
I tried switching skins, tried moving the dll and ini files, checked the ini file in notepad...

Thank you guys for all your help, but....

Its just broken.

Hey....
Can someone send me their Sonique.dll file? Please? I wanna see if that would work, because if it doesn't, then I may have to re-install VDJ.

You can use http://www.sendspace.com its really fast :D

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 8:43 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey mate, could be wrong here, but it sounds like you haven't unzipped those files, apologies if I'm wrong though. I've just re downloaded Charles sonique files and everything is running fine, just copy the following sequences and see if it works this way. You will need either winzip or winrar to unpack the files.

Go to the Sonique file download and double click on it

select run

when complete winzip/rar will open

select extract to, virtual dj/plugins/video effects

when done open VDJ

go to effects/video effects/select sonique plugin and activate

go to "open" tab and go to the plugins/video effects folder where you extracted files to

now double click on one of the sonique .svp files, this should now start to show in the output window on your screen

once you have a file showing in window select the "slideshow" tab and make sure it's highlighted

you can adjust the length of time a sonique will show on screen and how much transparency you want soniques to show over other effects with the second slider if needed.

it may be an idea before you hit the slide show button to go through each .svp file and see if you want it to show on screen, those that you dont just simply delete the file from the folder, I think I deleted about twenty or more, when happy with the files you have left hit the slide show tab again.

hope that helps.

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 2:00 pm
I am gonna kill this thread and only post in the general discussion one from now on... no use having two!
lol

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 3:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)