Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Firetext Plugin Crash?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey fellow VDJ'ers...:o)

I had an almighty crash on friday night.

I've been having issues using SBDJ Scrolltext with Slideshow. I'm sure if you've used it, you've seen it...when the pics are changing in slideshow the text going across the screen freezes until the picture is changed and then continues. As much as i love these two plugins, i can't help thinking that this looks somewhat unprofessional at gigs.

So...I was getting my head round the Firetext VDJ plugin. I was running a slideshow through Firetext with some pics i had and overlaying a text message and scrolling left to right. Seemed fine. Then i tried to change the slideshow to another set of pictures but it wouldn't change.

I had a track playing in the background (Rihanna - S & M) and this was fine. Dancefloor's busy. I'm still trying to get these pictures changed over and it's not working. So i deactivate the firetext plugin and go back to slideshow. Selected the pictures to use in slideshow and pressed activate and bam...away she goes. No crashguard. No crash report. Nothing. Nada. Nowt!!! Don't get me wrong, it only took me ten seconds or so to reboot vdj and get another song going but as you can imagine i looked a bit silly!!!

I'm sure i just kicked the you know what out of the firetext plugin by trying too much at the one time but just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this before?

Cheers guys for any comments/suggestions...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Posted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 6:05 am
Do you use it with Firetext? Firetext Message Administrator?

can you reproduce the crash?

Sure that it was Firetext Plugin.. ?

If you can reproduce it, have you got SKYPE to try to reproduce it on my system...

We find a solution :-)
I'm sure ;-)

Posted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 8:15 am
Hi there. Thanks for your reply.

I had originally typed this and then got logged out (grrrr....) so here's the short version...:o)

I can't replicate the error unfortunately although I am trying, believe me!!! Hehehe...:o)

Without a crash report i cannot tell that it was definitely FT that caused the crash...so it may well have been Slideshow that caused it.

I'll keep trying to knacker it and post back how i get on...:o)

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Posted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 9:54 am
OK

I got some Errors using more Plugins at the same time...

and unfortunately sometimes the crash report only tells it was an plugin, so it won't help any time

Try to do step by step what you have done on "Crashday" maybe SBDJ Scrolltext & Firetext have problems with together!

Sorry for my english :-) but i think you understand what i mean

OK keep me posted......

PS. If you have news send me an PM, i'm not daily here on Plugin Forum ..so it helps me to help you

Posted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 10:13 am
wallterHome userMember since 2010
FT plugin is among strongest plugins for VDJ that I've ever seen (NLU user) and I can't even imagine why would you use SLIDESHOW plugin when there's slideshow tab in FT plugin...??? I've tried all demo plugins working in the same time in demo VDJ, plus FT demo, plus FT VDJ Robot, plus Soniques, plus other ;-) flash plugin demo... well, all of them in the same time... no crash ever. I'm on Win 7 64 bit (recommended) Home Premium and there's no other DJ software strong as VDJ with it's plugins, and I've tried them all, believe me or not.

Posted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 11:06 am
Thanks for your input Walter but with all due respect i've been using VDJ for years and have many a time tried using all the plugins at the one time too and have never experienced a crash, so i know what you are saying.

I have been using slideshow and SBDJ Scrolltext for ages now purely because i initially had problems using the FT plugin, apart from the problem i initially spoke about with the text freezing, Scrolltext and Slideshow have always been solid for me...and you know what they say, if it's not broken, don't fix it.

The reason for my post is exactly what you are referring to. I got a crash completely out of the blue and i was just wondering if anyone else had experienced anything like this before.

Thanks for your input...much appreciated...(",)

Keep spinnin'

P

Posted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 11:34 am
wallterHome userMember since 2010
I guess it was bad luck then, hope you even got laid something that night;-)... it could be easier to make a few instances of the same plugin and use it together on various areas of the screen, than use 2 similar plugins, but not the same... can't go further, sorry... some of the plugins are out of my reach.

Posted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 1:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)