Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: LoopRoll - v1.0 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Released the new LoopRoll v1.0 created by myself.
>>> http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12952/LoopRoll.html

Description:
Sample and loop out.

Features:
  • Dry/wet crossfader
  • Loop length, 1/64 to 8 beats
  • Direction crossfader (full backward to full forward)
  • Loop offset for fine forward adjustments, 0-200ms
  • Optional quantizable length
  • It is possible to record the deck output (for example a scratch) and then play it as loop
  • Possibility to jump back to the beginning of the actual loop start position, marked as Cue 69

Hints:
  • Deselect Record then loop in order to get samples "from the past", like on the Korg Kaoss Pad 3 (default behavior). Note: samples are taken directly from the track buffer, thus other effects and built-in loops applied in VDJ may not be sampled as expected by the plugin.
  • Select Record then loop to record the deck output and start looping as soon as the requested length is already recorded. With this feature it is possible to record scratches and other effects, and make them loop. Due to recording, the output might feel "delayed" to some users.
  • Neither of the two options is the best. Choose the one you find is better. By owning a KP3, I find more comfortable the default one.

Notes for Windows users:
Always remember to update your system libraries in order to make new effects work, in case they don't:
http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/TexZK/blogs/4265/Windows_libraries_for_plugins.html

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 3:59 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thanks Andrea.....

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 4:37 pm
TexZK! I'm OVERWHELMED!!

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 9:13 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
we are waiting to have these new plug-ins to be ported to Mac. I can not give any feed backs yet.

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 10:30 am
I tried it out in my set and I found that it only works once per loaded track. It will not work again on the same track unless I load the track onto the other deck. I tried this with several different tracks. The effect sounds awesome when it does work though.

I just can't re-activate it after I've initialized it the first time.

Posted Fri 01 Apr 11 @ 2:00 am
Really? I can activate and reactivate it whenever I want on my two computers, and the source code is clean... Are you sure you have up-to-date MSVC++ system libraries? Does it work properly after pushing the Reset button?

Obviously it doesn't work when there is no track on the deck. It is NOT a sampler (you already have a native one)! Each time you activate it, it gets the local samples (backward or by recording them, see the hints above) and then starts looping, but when you deactivate it, everything is lost.

Posted Fri 01 Apr 11 @ 6:29 am
Restarted the software to test and everything is working just fine. Sorry to report a false negative.

Your hard work is appreciated.

Thank you.
AC

Posted Fri 01 Apr 11 @ 1:43 pm
No problem mate, it's better to have a false negative than no feedback at all ;-)

Posted Fri 01 Apr 11 @ 2:14 pm
Tex:

This is a wonderful plug-in. However, is it possible to automatically delete Cue69 when you deactivate the plug-in ? I like to keep my cue-points organized and leaving Cue69 on each file I use this plug-in is something that keeps me out of using it...

Thanks!

Posted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 2:36 am
It automatically deletes itself when you deactivate the plugin... just activate and deactivate the effect to make it disappear.
Unfortunately I cannot know when a new track is loaded or the current one is unloaded...

Posted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 12:54 pm
mac mac mac pleaaasseeeeeee dont be hard on us mac users, we hardly have good effects
plissss :)

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 11:22 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
now available for mac

Posted Wed 18 May 11 @ 4:18 pm
Oooooh yeah Cel! ;-)

Posted Thu 19 May 11 @ 12:50 pm
laga02CUE userMember since 2007
Gate effect for Mac Please ................................Please
Gate Gate Gate

Posted Sun 22 May 11 @ 7:11 pm
Thanks, this is a sharp effect for us lonely mac users!

Posted Wed 25 May 11 @ 7:04 am
kokohHome userMember since 2011
BIG THX

Posted Wed 25 May 11 @ 10:18 am
Hi TexZK,

Loving the loop roll plugin, thanks! :D I know that nothing is ever as simple as it sounds when it comes to writing software, but I was wondering how much of a big job it would be to use some of the code from your loop roll to make a "slip mode" plugin?

Then users could make their own loop roll effects using the standard looper in vdj, and get all kinds of creative with other things like scratching and what not...

Posted Sat 28 May 11 @ 7:06 am
The slip mode itself is very very simple to implement, but as for now VDJ doesn't let plugin developers change the needle position... I hope they'll make it a native feature, because it is basically a variable which keeps track of the real and the "slipped" positions, not only of the real one.

Posted Sat 28 May 11 @ 2:07 pm
thnx texZK nice effects pleaseeee gatesssss i miss that effect :( jaja

Posted Sun 29 May 11 @ 4:52 pm
@ TexZK, okay, thanks for the reply, it's a shame it's not yet possible. Cheers.

Posted Tue 31 May 11 @ 3:56 am
80%