Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: [NEW] Firetext : FREE Flash plugin Now Released.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi guys, still trying to catch up with everything on the forums with my enforced absence after telecoms company made a foul up on connections to new house.

So was intrigued to see a sticky announcing swf/flash plugin now available for Virtual DJ, mighty strange I thought, as it has been available for over 18 months in VDJ through Firetext if my memory serves me right.

Firetext has had it available to users who were using a purchased version of their software but not in the free Firetext - VDJ plugin which also includes the free camera, horizontal and vertical scroll text, single image and multiple image/adrotator functions, all of these with a host of functions including color key and alpha channels you can when happy with your selections then use the template function to save these settings for the next time you want to use them in a show.

I'm happy to announce here that the flash movie tab is now free to work alongside the free Firetext plugin, available to all users who have purchased a version of VDJ it includes colour key and alpha channels as well as the usual comprehensive resizing functions, allowing users to place the video file anywhere on screen and at an size you wish.

Total cost to users $00:00 yep you read correctly, it's another free gift from Firetext to the VDJ community.

You can choose to download from FireText beta site following this link http://www.efiretext.com/downloads/FireTextVDJRobot.rar or just download the new updated FireText for Virtual DJ Plugin installer...

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/10481/FireText_VirtualDJ_Plugin.html

Enjoy.

Firetext Team.

Posted Sat 26 Mar 11 @ 5:59 pm
Wouldn't call it completely free. You still have to deal with the firetext logo on the screen, lol!!

Huey

Posted Sat 26 Mar 11 @ 6:34 pm
@huey dear... logo is for camera and will be removed in the short run. anyway never worked for you huey, right? what do that has to do with flash function? anything else huey?

Posted Sat 26 Mar 11 @ 6:37 pm
Dear?? Really............ lmao!! Yup and it still doesnt but I have one that does,
Peace
Huey

Posted Sat 26 Mar 11 @ 6:43 pm
haha! polite form to say you was completely out of track ;)
camera picture in picture is another unique feature we got since a year ago

OHH Thanks for pointing that out! is that free as well?

Posted Sat 26 Mar 11 @ 6:50 pm
wallterHome userMember since 2010
Well, there's no need to fight about it... it's here and it's working big time :-) ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRGDORljkz4

I supported both of them in my post about flash movies and it's good to have a small competition, just to keep things moving. For me, it's enough to say that VDJ Robot supports AVI's too, making you able to make it transparent and put it on top of your videos, so you don't need to mess with them in other software previously.

Posted Sun 27 Mar 11 @ 5:04 am
@beatbreaker1

You have already posted your comments in the past and they have tried to help you. Now it's over. First and last comments like these ones. Atomix Productions won't allow you to use our forum to solve your own issues with third parties.

Posted Sun 27 Mar 11 @ 8:41 am
@wallter thanks for understanding the idea, as we are always listening to users - and there was a lot of users asking for the flash feature - we will extract the Flash feature in the short run to have it completely separated from main plugin, so everybody can use it for free: SWF, FLV, AVI and MWV! maybe others...

Our bussiness is Text To Screen and not video presentation nor video mixing, that is why we choose to make the Virtual DJ plugin and we are in continue agreement with other companies to provide the output port as for Text Machine 3D (release inminent!). We will extract the camera feature as well in the short run but you can understand this will take a bit of time but this is the path we will walk.

Finally let me point out this is not a competition but a cooperation with Virtual DJ - Atomix Production from our point of view, as we are not asking for money regarding the plugin - no matter if some users can "see dead people" - we was here two years ago - real experience in the text to screen arena - and maintained the support even for users who didn't pay a penny for our tools, and will continue that way.

Alex

Posted Sun 27 Mar 11 @ 12:23 pm
Ok so whats free and whats going to cost me? whats better GIF Or Flash? Free Flash Plugin how free is it? because i have downloaded the fire text plugin and flash plugin and nothing is really working right .

Posted Fri 08 Apr 11 @ 2:52 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Haha, I take it English mustn't be your first language then, when we say the plugin is FREE we mean it is FREE, the Robot comes without any annoying brand pop ups and is FREE.

Initially sixteen months ago when we first released the flash/video tab it could only be used through a purchased version of the main Firetext software, now as you have seen as from a few weeks ago it is now FREE to use through the robot.

However, the main Firetext VDJ plugin is also FREE, also without hindrance of any brand pop ups. But on the camera tab you will find a small Firetext logo if and when you use it, other than that it's FREE. All of the other functions will not show any brand pop ups or have logos attached.

Now what do you mean nothing is working right, making a statement like that does not help you one bit, is it because you don't understand how to use it, tell me some of the problems you are encountering and then I may be able to help you.

I prefer using flash files but that is my personnal preference.

I will try and put some time aside and make some fresh tutorials if that would help you.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 11 @ 3:31 pm
Do I need to buy a Fire Text Administrator progam to use the free plug inn for sms?
If the answer is yes, is the starter $250 enough? If not wich one do I need to buy?

Thanks

Posted Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 8:08 pm
Hi DJ4UDJ4U

You need Firetext Administrator for reviving and send SMS -> and to send to the free plugin.

I an tell you what do you need, if you tell me what you prefer to do!

If you want just receive Text Messages to Screen or SONG/Guestlist/Birthday Requests and Private SMS Messaging between Guests the Starter is enough..

If you want to use more Features of Firetext you need maybe an other Version
just download, request online an Trial, and try out anything you need.

Send me an PM if want to know more..

Posted Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 5:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)