Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Essential Flash version RC-7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I put a new version up sooner then I was going to since a bug was corrected.

o - fixes a bug where on occasion nothing would show up until you switched thumbs

o - FLV playback is smoother but uses a little more CPU. It may be hard for you tell on some videos with noise but trust me its smoother.

o - Has VDJ parameter support but its not complete yet

You can get the new version here:

http://www.pangolinplugins.com/pages/products/essential-flash.php

If you want to test out the VDJ parameter support I have a simple SWF that only records some of the parameters. This is just cheap test case I use. I will do a better one later.

Parameters.zip can be found here:

http://sms.pangolin.com/samples/Parameters.zip

As always, your current thumbs will be saved in ..\VideoEffect\Pangolin\LastActiveSaved.pak but if you want go ahead and save your current thumbs if you haven't already before you install new version.

Don

Posted Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 7:36 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
For information only about Parameters.swf

"Play Length" and "Play Position" are displayed in number of samples
(sampling frequency of VirtualDJ is 44100 samples per second)

in clear : "Play Length / 44100" gives the length of the song in seconds

"Play Length" can be negative between -44100 (ie -1ms) and 0 : it was something requested by scratch DJs for not missing the first beat.

"Beat Position" (float) is the position compared to the beats in the song (so each integer value corresponds to the beat)
("Beat Position" can also be negative on the area -1ms => 0ms)

@Don
To define a little space of length "len" (in general len=0.25f is ok => 1/4 beat) on and just after the beat, you can use:
HRESULT hr = GetInfo("BeatPos",&beatpos);
float fbp = beatpos - floor(beatpos);
if(fbp>=0 && fbp<len)
{
// do what you want here
}

Posted Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 4:19 pm
Thanks for that info djcel.

Any word on the format of VideoSound values ?

Since those samples can be below -32767 or above 32767, could it be that each sample is a packed stereo pair into an int ?

Also, earlier I put up RC-7, and right after that i put up RC-8 and passed out... RC-8 corrects some weirdness in Win 7.

So if you have RC-7 hit the download link and reinstall please and you will have RC-8.

Don

Posted Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 7:44 pm
@Don I sent you a message.............

Huey

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 10:17 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Don Moir wrote :
Any word on the format of VideoSound values ?

Since those samples can be below -32767 or above 32767, could it be that each sample is a packed stereo pair into an int ?

I confirm you
512 packed stereo pair into an int (in other words, 1024 interleaved mono short).

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 2:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)