Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: modify Icons ??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

WWDJdkPRO InfinityMember since 2008
what skin .bmp file do i need to modify to change det icon used to display, music, karaoke & video in the broswer, since the icons I've made in my skin don't change to the ones i've made in my .bmp file ??

I'm using Home Vers. 7 to try out the skin, it's going to a friend that has vers. 7 pro, but there should be any difference in the skin files on those two vers. or is there ??

Posted Fri 18 Mar 11 @ 9:21 am
Nobody knows this ??

Posted Fri 18 Mar 11 @ 5:30 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Icons is part of the bmp file. You can place them anywhere inside that file. But you also have to add a certain line in xml file.

<browser>
<customicons x="x1" y="y1"/>
</browser>

where x1,y1 are the coordinates of the top left corner of the icons.

The Icons should be 128X128 pixels total , and each icon should be 16X16.

In case someone needs to build some icons from scratch, the inside color which helps transparency is RGB, 140,98,57

The size of the icons is always the same regardless of the skin resolution and size.

Posted Fri 18 Mar 11 @ 6:43 pm

Posted Sat 19 Mar 11 @ 1:35 am
djdad wrote :

In case someone needs to build some icons from scratch, the inside color which helps transparency is RGB, 140,98,57

Actually the transparency comes from the color of the upper left pixel of the icons block. In other words you can use ANY color for your background and as a transparency color.

I thought I should clear this out because even if you keep RGB 140,98,57 as background but the first pixel (upper left corner) is white, then WHITE will become the new transparency color!

Posted Sat 19 Mar 11 @ 11:03 am
I think i tried black once and it didnt work. I will try again. Thanks for the infos.

Posted Sat 19 Mar 11 @ 11:06 am
Check out GHOST Lite... ;)

Posted Sat 19 Mar 11 @ 11:14 am
I noticed you have created custombuttons as well. Can you please share with us any infos about them ? Dimensions mainly.

Posted Sat 19 Mar 11 @ 11:51 am
For Custom Buttons I would suggest to open a default VDJ skin and copy the graphics out... They are a little tricky, but you shouldn't have any issues with them.

Their main "issue" is that there's no "grid" where the elements go like custom icons... I will check my original PSD files tomorrow and I will come back with more infos

Posted Sat 19 Mar 11 @ 12:54 pm
If I want to make a skin from scratch what's the first step?

Posted Wed 07 Nov 12 @ 8:02 am

Posted Wed 07 Nov 12 @ 9:01 am
tjmac93Home userMember since 2011
Is there a specific order that the custom icons need to be in? I do not see any line of code in the xml that calls out what each custom icon is used for.

thanks,

Posted Wed 17 Jul 13 @ 9:29 am

Posted Wed 17 Jul 13 @ 11:32 am
tjmac93Home userMember since 2011
THANK YOU!

Posted Wed 17 Jul 13 @ 11:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)