Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BPM value in XML database file

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If I look into the database XML file I see a different figure for the BPM value than what is displayed on my screen.

Ex.: on the screen I see 130,0 while the XML file shows: BPM Bpm=20355

What is the conversion of formule?
I like to update some BPM values directly in the XML file via my own made Vb program.

thx

Posted Thu 28 Jul 05 @ 11:37 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
the value is the number of samples at 44kHz between two beats.

So the conversion is realBpm=60*44100/xmlValue

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 1:22 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
the integer stored in the xml database file reffers to the number of samples between each beat. The phase atribute is the number of samples from the start of the file that the first CBG4 occours. If you look at any of the other values it becomes apparent that they are all measured using this system, probably because its more similar to the way the program runs and does therefor not need to convert a stored bpm into someting it can work with. after all thats the reason we have binary, octal, hexedecimal, machine code and all these other computer oriented methods of data.

but to answer you question how to convert....if the song is a 48khz song that means there are 48,000 samples per second and therefor 2,880,000 per minet. so simply divide that number by the values you have to get the number of beats that would occour in one minet (or just BPM).

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 1:25 am
Thx all for the feedback, it's clear for me.

Johans

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 6:53 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If you think your program could be interesting for other users, don't be afraid to upload it on this website, section plugins ;-)

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 2:19 am
Yep, this is my intention once it is more or less finished

Johans

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 6:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)