Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Trouble adding transition

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ezd286PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I purchased Virtual DJ Full Pro version 7.0. I entered the license key in my profile but when I try to download any video transitions it says software need to be installed first. I notice these transitions say they are for version 4.0. Can you use them with 7.0? and if so why can I not install them. If they are not compatible are there any or will there be any added for 7.0? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 11 @ 8:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 15 Mar 11 @ 9:51 pm
Question about this link: When you speak of username below you are talking about our Vitual DJ Username? I want to be sure I do this correctly and not screw up my registry so any details for correcting this issue is greatly appreciated. Let me know, thanks!

Ok, actually found the issue ... the old installers we used is looking for a specific registry key for the Home Folder of VirtualDJ.

Temporary fix -

Edit the Registry -

Add a new Key in the -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE location -- just right-click on the SOFTWARE entry and choose New -> Key

Give it the name of VirtualDJ

Add a new String value in the VirtualDJ Key -> right-click on the VirtualDJ entry and choose New -> String value

Give it the name of HomeFolder << very important 'no spaces'

Double click on the new string value entry and put the path to the home folder location. Recommend you browse to the location in a folder window and copy/paste the path from when you are viewing the VirtualDJ folder contents.

By default this would be -- C:\Users\{Username}\Documents\VirtualDJ

The {Username} is to be replaced with what ever your user account name is.

Posted Fri 18 Mar 11 @ 9:55 am

Posted Fri 18 Mar 11 @ 3:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Make sure you do all the steps as described. It worked for me. The above plugin iis installing normally.

Posted Fri 18 Mar 11 @ 6:58 pm
Did the exact same thing as noted in this message. Can you install something for version 4.0 into version 7. I have installed other skins and effect that are associated to 7.0 with no problem.

Posted Sat 19 Mar 11 @ 10:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)