Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VMS4 volume slider issues... please help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

with the new update of vdj 7.0.3 all controls on the vms4 now move in the program.... but i have a problem.... my right deck channel doesnt stay all the way up... if i slide it to the top 100% it slowly goes down to half way... and if i slide it down literally a millimeter it goes back to full.... same thing when i place the volume slider at 0% it slides up to 50% and if i adjust it a milimeter it goes back to 0%

if anyone can help i would appreciate it

Thank you:
Jeremy Manning

Posted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 6:35 pm
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm thinking here .... hem if you change the deck setup in sound config does it shift channel

letf say you set right deck channel to out 5x6 but change it to 7x8 does it still do the same? if not then it might be the controller it self.

Posted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 9:19 pm
i pretty much have the same problem, my the volume slider on my 3rd channel recently started acting up, wont go up all the way nor will it go down all the way, and when i put the volume all the way down on my 2nd channel i can still faintly hear it aswell. i am on 2 deck mode, bt yet when i move the 4th channel volume slider, the 3rd channel reacts to it. i am using vdj pro 7.0.5 and the latest drivers for the vms4. is this a problem that can be fixed with deoxIt contact cleaner? or a problem with the vms?, please HEEEELP!

Posted Sat 28 Jan 12 @ 12:18 am
Dee PPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Had a similar problem after one year of use. The first volume slider from the left started sending random midi signals in the middle of a gig. I upgraded to the VCI-400, but most probably this could be fixed, at least temporarily, with a contact cleaner. Never tried that, but it's worth a shot...

Posted Sat 28 Jan 12 @ 1:17 pm
the same problems remain bt now both my jog wheels are starting to act up aswell, they do not react to my touch or any kind of scratch! ordered some deoxit bt im afraid that it wont be the solution

Posted Tue 31 Jan 12 @ 2:37 am
ElteckPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I had the same problem, screen the volume slider would float up and down, I put a few drops of alcohol into the slider. moved them up and down then blew them out with canned air, let dry for 10 min, no more floating. I did this to all the sliders ever the pitch control.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 1:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)