Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Effect script needed to chain connect slider 2 effect with 3 or more effects active at the same time.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
How to create script to connect slider 2 effect on three or more different effects at the same time when they are triggered together.

Posted Sat 05 Mar 11 @ 9:01 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We can create such a script but it will work only with the certain effects that you will specify, not any.
Question, if those certain effects are not activated at the same time, what do you want this knob to do?

Posted Sat 05 Mar 11 @ 9:21 pm
Example:

1. "effect "dsp_WahWah" active & effect "dsp_WahWah" slider 2 18% & slider 1 98% & slider 3 39% & slider 4 60%"

2. "effect "dsp_Reverb" active & effect "dsp_Reverb" slider1 65% & slider 2 80% & slider 3 55% & slider 4 25%"

3. "effect "dsp_Phaser" active & effect "dsp_Phaser" slider 2 1% & slider 146% & slider 3 25% & slider 4 25%"

I want to some times have these effects chained together when active together. I want to be able to control slider 2 on all three effects with just one button.

Posted Sat 05 Mar 11 @ 10:51 pm
The above 3 scripts seem to be 3 different buttons, right? So when you press all those 3 buttons you need a certain knob to handle 3 different sliders? But as soon as you touch and move that round knob, all those 3 sliders will have the same value. Is that what you want to do? Or do i miss something here?

Note also that once you set your sliders to a certain position, next time you start VDJ the sliders will have that value. Meaning that you dont have to set those values to all the sliders, unless you move them during your mixing.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 9:55 am
Further details in what I want to do are as follow: hypothetically speaking, I activate those three effects right? Slider 2 on all three effects already have those values pre assigned to them right? while those three effects are on I want when i move slider 2 in those three effects to move from those pre assigned values in either directions positive or negative values relative to where they were preassigned.

Now, let' s say it is not possible. Can one of the effect' slider 2 takes charge and be the relative value where the rest of the sliders start to move in either positive or negative values?

I hope that i was not too confusing.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 10:09 am
I'm afraid thats not possible, but i will let someone else to verify this. It might be doable if you assign the slider to a non-ending encoder, but still i'm not sure.

I will try and let you know.

[EDIT] I tried it, but they cannot work in relative mode.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 1:08 pm
Thank you.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 1:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)