Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Korg Kontrol Changing Scenes (mapping)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I just bought the Korg Nano Kontrol. Downloaded the editor and now I have a pretty good understanding of how to use mapper in VDJ to map the different Kontrol keys to the VDJ program.

Here's my issue. How to I map the keys such that when I change scenes (meaning going from scene 1 to 2) the keys are now changed. Currently, when i change the scene while mapping in VDJ, the same keys for all the scenes are the same. How can I distinguish Knob_1 from scene 1 to Knob_1 scene 2, and etc?

Thanks!

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 2:14 pm
Are you sure its not changing? Mine works great! Ok when you change scenes look at the "Note Number" (I think that's what its called) at the top of the mappers page. Remember that number, now switch scenes and turn the same knob and see if the number is different. It'll show up after you press the "+" symbol.
I haven't used mine for a minute but ill dig it out and see what I can do. I think you should be able to change that number in the editor if there the same.

Let me know
Huey

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 6:38 pm
i think i have it figured out....i was using a midi mapped file that i downloaded from this website (VDJ). And when i inputted a different CC# using Korg editor, it was not registering when i mapped it out using VDJ. So, what i did was start from scratch, i used the Simple Midi file that VDJ created and my problem was solved. Now when i change scenes using the Korg editor say... Scene 2, Knob_1 is now CC_50... VDJ reads the information correctly, whereas, the file i used from the creator, it did not register it al all! Hence, my problem.

So, for now it works, i will map out the rest and test things out to see i have it figured out fully..... thanks for taking the time Huey and responding.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 8:54 pm
No problem.

Glad your all sorted out
Huey

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 10:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)