Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: iPhone and iPad skin specs...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm working on a concept at the moment and I've been looking at the various skins that have been produced for the two devices and there seems to be differences between some of the skins sizes - some match the devices resolutions, some don't.

Example: The iPad is 1024 x 768, but I notice that the majority of skins are 1004 x 768 (except the default 2 deck skin which is 1024 x 768)

Can someone that is familiar with iDevice skins post the specs, as I can't seem to locate any info (within the skins forum or the wiki).

Cheers

Simon

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 8:44 am
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
the reason for 1004x768 is simple because the last 20 are the status bar on the ipad so if you make a skin 1024x768 the last 20pix whant be shown

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 8:49 am
Cheers bud...I see it now :)

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 8:55 am
There really isn't ANY info on the skins other than dissecting the default skin and experimenting. There are some topics in the forums about 'iPhone bugs'. Where we have talked about some of the limitations of the engine but nothing official has been released.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 8:58 am
cbgraphix wrote :
Where we have talked about some of the limitations of the engine but nothing official has been released.

In short it is the true.. Nothing talked about de scripts to iphone or ipad.. I don't have any idea of like they work (Pannels) Someone can help me in this¿?¿?¿? We need more information about the codes..

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 3:52 pm
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
dJ_ro_(ecu) wrote :
cbgraphix wrote :
Where we have talked about some of the limitations of the engine but nothing official has been released.

In short it is the true.. Nothing talked about de scripts to iphone or ipad.. I don't have any idea of like they work (Pannels) Someone can help me in this¿?¿?¿? We need more information about the codes..

Pannels do not work so you need to use pages insted. so that is an image and xml file for every page witch makes the skin much larger then I really should be..... but lets hope an update will change that

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 4:27 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hope the next update includes a search wndow too.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 6:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It would be useful to open a new thread about things that dont work correct with iRemote. We are all experimenting here.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 8:07 pm
djdad wrote :
It would be useful to open a new thread about things that dont work correct with iRemote.

+1!

Support the petition Bob...

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 8:28 pm
gullum wrote :

Pannels do not work so you need to use pages insted. so that is an image and xml file for every page witch makes the skin much larger then I really should be..... but lets hope an update will change that

This is not something that is likely to change soon. The reason it is done using pages rather than panels is to minimise the size of the BMP.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 11 @ 2:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
that was the primary goal Dan, yes, but you do know as a skinner, that panels can work and solve many issues even with the same bmp filesize (conditional panels etc). So i would like to see panels in iRemote.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 11 @ 4:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)