Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: What is this sound effect is?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Thu 17 Feb 11 @ 5:03 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It's a looper.

Posted Thu 17 Feb 11 @ 5:12 pm
It's Traktor's Beat Masher only the loop sample size is varied. DJ can do this with loops too.

Posted Sun 27 Feb 11 @ 10:12 pm
JozepGPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I use something similar on my AA VMS4 controller. As the above said it's a loop. Once the loop is grabbed, it's being chopped from shorter to longer. Mathematics completely baffles me, so i'm only using these numbers as an analogy, but after the loop is grabbed the chop starts with the loop being reduced to 1/16ths and quickly progresses to 1/4ths. Like I said keep in mind i made those numbers up.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 9:41 pm
you can use the beatgrid effect to simulate what the beat masher in traktor does, only difference is that you can program I think 8 banks in vdj which you can recall to use later, so you control how much is repeated and from what part of the loop, the only shortfall that vdj has in the beatgrid is that you can't use 1/32 and you can't use different timings eg. 1/16 and 1/8 together, but if you ask nicely in the plugin section you might be able to encourage the creator to update it with those capabilities. Check it out anyway you might just like it.

Posted Thu 17 Mar 11 @ 4:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)