Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Application: Relocate "lost" files [Beta]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi,

this is actually not a VDJ Plugin. Because it's coded in C#.Net but I think its quite interessting anyway.

In the German Forum we talked about the missing function to relocate lost musicfiles like e.g. Serato could do it.

And as I just started to learn C#.Net I took this challange and wrote a little Windows application that could do that.
I've started to build that two days ago, so its just "quick 'n' dirty" but if you are interessted you could test the beta version.

What does the programm?

It looks in the VDJ DB for "lost" files, that were displaced or copied to another folder.
After that it will search your hdd or specific folder (your choice) for those files and correct the path in the DB.
That means all your cue points and other informations are still there.

By now the programm is not a multithreating application but i hope i will fix that in futher releases.
This means, while the programm is running it could look like it has frozen. Acutally it will freeze but it will not crash.
So just let it run. That could take up to several minutes depending on the amount of data to check. As soon as the process is over you will be informed.

So if you are interessted in testing the beta just pm me, I will send you a download link to the programm.
Please report any possible failure, so that I could correct it.

NOTE: As this is Beta, I can not give any guarantee that the Programm is working correct.
Or that it may possibly crash your system. (worst case! My system did not crash so far :) )

The Programm will NOT:
*connect in anyway to the internet
*manipulate, copy, delete or do other things with any files on you system
*no need to install it. Its just a simple .exe

It will just use Windows Libs and change the VDJ DB.

To test it you have to install .NET Framework 4.0.

If you want to take a look at the sourcecode also pm me, I will send it to you.

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/143111/German_Forum/Suche_Beta-Tester.html

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 7:50 am
Update:

It's now multithreading

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 2:49 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Has this plugin/software been submitted for approval yet..?
It's a practical addition to address this needed functionality, very much interested and would like to know...

PS. What about saved playlist, is that also in consideration which would fill in and complete that hole piece of the puzzle.

Thanks,

Joey...

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 11:03 pm
Yes im with Joey on this. This would be another great plugin!

Keep us posted
Huey

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 10:18 am
Very interesting Plugin :).
Will test it for you.

Greetings

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 11:29 am
As I wrote in my first post: This is NOT a VDJ Plugin.
Its an own windows application ;)

Posted Thu 17 Feb 11 @ 3:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)