Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Tittle update while broadcasting.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings,

I am currently using a friend's version and I was wondering if the VDJ 3.0 provided the same type of options as the DSP plugin use to offer in the VDJ 2.x versions. I run a part-time radio and I was considering using VDJ to broadcast live sets, but there seems to be a small problem. You might think its an attitude related problem, but I was concerned about the fact that I could not set VDJ 3.0 to not send the track information to the server so listeners can see the tracks name. If there is a way to either enable the original DSP plugin or possibly tell me how to arrange this, id be most gratefull.

Thanks. Good work guys, this version is stable and efficient.

Posted Thu 21 Jul 05 @ 3:35 pm
i think it is not a good idea of your friend to giveaway his personal copy to anyone else :-(

and regarding the broadcasting of name I'll try a report back

Posted Thu 21 Jul 05 @ 6:08 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
There is a way for this in Virtualdj 3, if you want to use the original plugin.

But please buy virtualdj if you consider using it.

So to do this, you need to plug the output of your sound card on the input of your soundcard, then load the shoutcast plugin and record from the input of the soundcard.

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 3:52 am
that line in/out way you can broadcast what you speak in the microphone also

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 10:47 am
Well first off, Thanks guys, its really appreciated.

Now I was wondering if this was different if I used a Hercules DJ console. I think my friend wanted to buy that. If it works, I consider buying both the console and the software. I got a console now for testing purposes but I really wonder what jack I should use to do this correctly.

I know that for now I am but a mere demo user to you guys but I really appreciate the help. I am this ____ close to buy the stuff and this kind of support only bring more advantages to the package.

Thanks again.

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 12:40 pm
my personal opinion is that console version is usable but far away from the 3.0 version (stability, fun ctionality). And little reminder, look thru the forum if you plan the Hercules console,
it's very quality soundcard but as a controller it has sticky play and cue buttons...
if you have a soundcard consider some other controler or use an external keyboard with repainted symbols that show the real function that is mapped to the particular key in the shortcut mapper of vdj.

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 1:06 pm
Good observation, but I only plan to buy the hercules so I can take my laptop to parties. I know about the buttons, in fact I have one in my hands right now with a VDJ 3.0 version. I must say Im not impressed with the wheels and play/cue buttons, but the rest is all good. I simply use my keyboard for cues and other functions that are not efficient on the hercules. One major flaw is that the record wont stop when you spin the wheels, maybe the XP10 is better for that?

But back to the real subject, I got my speakers plugged in the 1-2 main jack and I was wondering where I should hook up to use DSP plugin. If this is too much asked, please say so. I really want to know if this is possible before I get to buy the software.

Thanks again.

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 1:14 pm
if you want to use DSP effect on output the only option you now have is to use the plugin on both decks.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 1:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)