Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: If and or statements

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys,

I'm a proud owner of a Hercules RMX. I love it because it works so well with VDJ which the best DJ program there is....killer combination. So after using it for about a year it's time for me to really customize.

I want to program my EQ_HIGH knob to control one of the parameters of a VST filter I downloaded but ONLY while the EQ_HIGH_KILL button is pressed. If the EQ_HIGH_KILL button is NOT pressed I want the knob to function as it should regularly. So basically the knob will have 2 functions.

Is this possible?

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 3:48 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yes.

Set your EQ_HIGH_KILL button to set eqhigh while_pressed

Set you EQ_HIGH to var eqhigh ? control_vst_statement : eq_high where control_vst_statement is the VDJScript you use to control the VST parameter.

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 4:06 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Yes.

Set your EQ_HIGH_KILL button to set eqhigh while_pressed

Set you EQ_HIGH to var eqhigh ? control_vst_statement : eq_high where control_vst_statement is the VDJScript you use to control the VST parameter.

I will try that!!!!

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 12:16 pm
Well, I did it word for word and it works...partly.

So now the EQ_HIGH has 2 functions, which is exactly what I wanted. Problem is that the plugin won't work unless it's first activated. So I would like the EQ_HIGH_KILL to activate the plug while it's pressed down and the EQ_HIGH control the plugin's parameter. When the EQ_HIGH_KILL is let go the EQ_HIGH should go back to it's regular function.

Is that possible?

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 7:09 pm
I just made a slight change and it seems to be going in the right direction.

EQ_KILL_HIGH:
set filter & effect 'Filters_v2_TexZK' active while_pressed

EQ_HIGH:
var filter ? effect 'Filters_v2_TexXZK' slider : eq_high

When I hold the EQ_KILL_HIGH button down, it activates the filter and when I let go it de-activates it. While I'm holding the EQ_KILL_HIGH button down and move the EQ_HIGH knob, the filter's param moves just as it's supposed to and the sound changes. Perfect so far. But when I let go of the button and move the EQ_HIGH the knob doesn't affect the treble anymore.

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 8:17 pm
OK, so I restarted VDJ and turned the EQ_HIGH knob. It affected the treble just as it's supposed to. Then I held down the EQ_KILL_HIGH button and it activated the filter just as programmed. Turned the EQ_HIGH knob while the EQ_KILL_HIGH button was down and it affected the sound as programmed!!! Perfect...

BUT when I turned the EQ knob again it didn't move and didn't affect the treble anymore. :(

I'll keep trying.

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 8:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Personally i wouldnt suggest to assign more than 1 action on a knob. Once you adjust the value of the first parametr (lets say filter), when you return to previous action (ie eq_high), it will be in different position than the value of the software .
It would work well with endless encoders for fx, video parmts etc, but not with sliders such as eq.

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 10:01 pm
Ahhh, ok. Good point. Thank you very much. So what I did was assigned my EG_HIGH to a high pass filter and run my main outs through an EQ if I need to change eq for any reason.

By the way, I'm loving VDJ more and more. I am not using 4 decks and it's opened so many more doors. It's incredible.

Posted Sat 12 Feb 11 @ 12:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)