Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Video Effect: SBDJ Video Fade

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Hi all,

Nice simple effect this, you can fade the red, green, blue and alpha channels of the master video output. You can't do it for individual video decks I'm afraid, the SDK doesn't permit this in an effect.

As an added bonus you can either apply these fades to the whole video, or with individual amounts to 4 different regions (vertices in 3D speak) of the video output by using the radio buttons All, 1, 2, 3 and 4. The RGBA sliders will then control the respective region.

The effect has only just been uploaded and will obviously have to be reviewed and tested by the Atomix team before it is made available.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 9:24 pm
Way Da Go scott !!! +1

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 6:47 am
Once again Scott prevails, nice work!

Huey

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 9:51 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Agreed, you just keep comming out with awsome and really usefull plugins. Hope they put you on some payrole!

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 2:35 pm
You haven't seen it yet lol. It's really not an amazing effect, but someone in W&NF mentioned they would like to be able to fade the video out - can be handy for blackouts for example - you could blackout lighting and video for a better effect.

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 3:08 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
If it is like all the other great stuff you write, I am sure it will be awsome. Anything extra from stock that we can get to work, will set us appart. But the note pad, battery and scroll text are the best.

Did you finish the last one that could trigger VDJ script on cue points?

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 9:09 am
DHoude wrote :

Did you finish the last one that could trigger VDJ script on cue points?

Yes most definitely a must have!! That is about to open so many doors!!

Huey

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 12:26 pm

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 7:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
.. as usual :D

btw, i would prefer Alpha to be the 1st slider. We usually have 1 video slider in skins and controllers.

ohh..and a reset button too.

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 7:23 pm
Both easy changes :)

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 8:30 pm
djnandsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi SBDJ,
first of all,i would like to thank you for all other wonderful plugins you´ve developed.
But Video Fade,this one is the most important for me,personally,so i gave already a try,and really didn´t get how does it works.

I asked for it,in Wish & New features,because the wonderful FADE TO BALCK is on Volume sliders of vdj´s mixer.

So when using an external MIDI mixer,if you assign a CH fader to vdj´s mixer CH fader,it does the work perfectly,but then you loose the
external mixer´s PFL,just cause Vdj´s channel mixer is also down,therefore.you cannot prelisten the Video or Audio(if using a camera) to make a cue point,equalise,etc.

So my last question is, SBDJ Video Fade can replaces the fade to black on volume sliders,therefore doing the same function without affecting the PFL on external mixer?

If it does already,sorry for my stupid question,can you please tell me how does it work? :)

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 1:49 pm
It doesn't do that I'm afraid - a video effect is unable to fade an individual channel.

What this does is fade (or colour fade, partial fade etc...) the entire master video output.

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 3:54 pm
Ok SBDJ,thanx for your quick response.

So anyway,are you able to make a plugin to overcome this issue? or do i have to keep asking to VDJ Team?

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 4:54 pm
Nope, you'll have to take it up with the team. The only way for a plugin author to do this would be to add the code individually to every single transition. Not practical I'm afraid.

Posted Fri 29 Apr 11 @ 10:43 am
I would be very,but really very happy,if it just worked with the fade transition effect :),i´m gonna keep taking it up with the TEAM

SBDJ Thank you very much for your quick response again,and keep the good work,you´re the MAN :D

Posted Fri 29 Apr 11 @ 2:08 pm
not support for MAC ???

Posted Fri 27 Apr 12 @ 7:25 am
There you go, I've added a Mac version :)

Posted Fri 27 Apr 12 @ 5:56 pm
pana alguien me puede ayudar o orientar como hacer una transicion con mi logo... por favor espero sus pronta respuestas.

Posted Mon 12 Aug 13 @ 6:29 pm
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

Posted Tue 13 Aug 13 @ 4:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)