Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: man ...i lost the xml file!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jeezz...was spacing out and went to resave a new bmp file but saved it as a xml (being that i was working on the xml for a week)over-writing it and now its gone!!!,have to start all over again! i'm so angry....its there any way to retrieve this? other than continiously save the new tweaked file?

Posted Mon 07 Feb 11 @ 9:19 pm
thetracker510 wrote :
jeezz...was spacing out and went to resave a new bmp file but saved it as a xml (being that i was working on the xml for a week)over-writing it and now its gone!!!,have to start all over again! i'm so angry....its there any way to retrieve this? other than continiously save the new tweaked file?

you working in vista/7? if you have a recent restore point, you can try Shadow Explorer:

http://www.shadowexplorer.com/downloads.html

or, right click on the bmp file and select properties, and go to the "previous version" tab...

Posted Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 12:55 am
ah..thanks ! will try that...

Posted Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 7:27 am
well...didnt have time to check the software...but that xml had gotten erased and replaced by a bitmap file and saved as a xml...and it was a mess...the good news ? what took me a week to map,once familiar with it ,took me @ 4 hours to Redo...thanks anyway....

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 9:02 pm
Gratz on the quick recovery :)

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 8:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)