Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Profession (New Skin)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Looking for feedback on this one. Intention was to maximise browser space whilst keeping most of the standard controls on there. Currently in 1280x768, but I'd likely be doing one of 1680x1050 (my non-work rig)

Any old schoolers have probably seen me upload a skin image, but I've never actually gotten round to finishing one*. So with this skin, I'm setting out to change that

http://picasaweb.google.com/djdawsonuk/VirtualDJ#slideshow/5569598799285869874

Wasn't planning on putting it up just yet, as I'm still adding to it, but I thought trying to get some feedback at this stage would be a good idea.

Thanks to DjDad for some code to get wheel mode on the skin.

(I'm sure most other skinners will agree with me that a skin is never actually finished... There's always something you can tweak!)

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 4:45 pm
idj4himPRO InfinityMember since 2009
i think it looks good. are you gonna have a cbg adj. looking forward to using it.

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 5:59 pm

Looks good.. But you'll be finish this skin..

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 6:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
looks great !

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 7:30 pm
Looks good Dj dawson...now you have to do the same for your home page..imao...yeap!

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 8:16 pm
I LIKE it and I mean it :) Too bad it won't fit my native screen res... :(

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 12:26 am
Thanks peeps for the positive vibes.

@idj4him: Do you mean to change the options of the rhythm zone, to disable mirrored view? Or do you mean to change the CBG of the song like you would in the BPM edit panel?

@thetracker510: The same for my homepage? :S

@PhantomDeejay: I'll likely be working this into a few other of the popular resolutions too. What ya running?

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 2:12 pm
Good job - i like it too!

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 2:27 pm
idj4himPRO InfinityMember since 2009
changing the cbg of the song.

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 5:22 pm
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i'm sorry but i'm new to this what does cbg mean?

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 8:11 pm
DJGCEPRO InfinityMember since 2009
CBG=Computer Beat Grid

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 8:19 pm
Steve I'm using 1440X900 but I actually "cut" my skins down to 1440x860 so that the windows taskbar is always visible... :P

Posted Sun 06 Feb 11 @ 9:31 am
PANOSVPRO InfinityMember since 2007
veeery nice skin....well done!

Posted Sun 06 Feb 11 @ 1:38 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Steve I'm using 1440X900 but I actually "cut" my skins down to 1440x860 so that the windows taskbar is always visible... :P

Hehe, I do the same on my laptop - 1280x800 res, but I use the 1280x768 one for the taskbar :)

Cheers Panosv!

Took it for a test spin on Saturday night, things went rather well! Seems to be having some problem with the browser though that I intend to fix throughout the week.

Posted Sun 06 Feb 11 @ 5:07 pm
Very very professional looking skin there, the only thing I wished was a 4deck version and video. Thats maybe asking for too much but job well done.

Posted Sun 06 Feb 11 @ 9:00 pm
@djlivstrong I do wish to make this into a 4 deck version at some point (It wouldn't take too much to do, anyhow) and though I don't personally use video - I am interested in making this skin as accessible to as many of you peeps as possible as well as taking advantage of as much of VDJ as possible too, so it's likely something I'll put into it as it grows. Keep your eyes peeled!

Posted Mon 07 Feb 11 @ 5:29 pm
Hey. just wondering if this skin will be available soon?

Thanks

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 9:29 pm
djrxmxPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I like it. In particular, the subtle look, for lack of better term, is very nice. It has 90's hi-fi/audiophile style to it (e.g., Harman Kardon), intuitive.

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 3:49 am
Thanks djrxmx!

I've been caught up with other things, so progress hasn't happened as much as I'd like, however, it shouldn't be long before I can get this submitted for checking.

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 7:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)