Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please advise with Analysing Tracks.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, new user to virtual dj 3 with hercules DJ console.

Very impressed after optimizing xp and getting rid of all services and bits that are really not required for an audio PC.

I used to use Traktor but I like the fact that I can do karaoke and video with Virtual DJ. Plus I think VDJ is easier to use, and more friendly.

Question though - When I load a track onto a deck the blue bar scrolls across underneith (Analysing I guess) and this seems to affect performance. I know I can turn this off so it reads it whilst playing but I'd rather have this information already stored. I assumed that 'analysing' the track would do this - but when I tried analysing a couple of tracks, and then reloading them, the blue bar still had to load up. Am i doing something wrong?

If i can just get this sorted I will be really happy! As it is it only really slows the video effects plug in output, it does not affect the audio that is playing.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 10:52 am
first time you drag a new song to a deck its analyzing (gain and bpm)

If you drag the song to deck again, its not analyzing as the blue bar (color depending on skin) progress, but its loading it into ram...

This way (having the whole song in ram), djing works better.. and you can look at the blue bar to see song breaks, quiet areas etc (because song is preloaded into ram)

You can turn off this preload feature (set "max load" to none in FAME settings), but I would still advice you to have the feature on, as it gives you a lot of advantages :)

Glad to hear you came to VDJ from Traktor, and welcome as a new member :)

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 11:13 am
Many Thanks. That makes sense now.

Thanks for the speedy response too !

Nick

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 11:26 am
no problem :) glad to help

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 11:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)