Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Add a button to a skin that would launch a minimized application?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JayShoePRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello,

I'm interested in using another application to browse for my media, then go back to VDJ to mix it. I'm using the TouchMe 2 Decks skin which has a browser area that takes up full screen. When in that mode, it has two drag and drop areas down on the bottom of the screen. So what I'm interested in doing is using another application (Jukebox Jockey, http://www.jukeboxjockey.com) to browse and choose my media, and then mix it inside of VDJ. I want to do this because JJ has a great way to browse the media, but VDJ is the best for mixing it. I'm doing all this on a touch screen by the way, which is another reason JJ makes sense as a browser for media.

Once I find the song in JJ, the newest (unreleased) version allows for drag and drop out of the application into anything, including VDJ. But the problem is that I can't get JJ up onto the screen without seeing the task bar first. You can't get to the task bar without a keyboard on a touch screen. So I'm interested in finding out if it's possible that I can modify the skin to "launch" up a minimized application, or to show the task bar. I could just simply hit that button to launch JJ, browse for the media, drag and drop into VDJ, and whammo!

The QUESTION: Is there a way to "launch", "maximize", or otherwise "show" another application via a button in a VDJ skin OR plugin...

Here is a screen shot of JJ above the TouchMe 2 skin of VDJ showing how you can drag and drop into VDJ using this method.

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 9:07 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Triggering an external application using a VDJ button... hmmm

Not possible i think, for now, but it would not be that hard for someone to write such a plugin. You'd better ask this in The Plugin Forum as a request.

The only thing we can do as skiners to make a skin smaller than the screen (70% of the screen for example), without browser, then you could use the rest 30% of the screen for your favorite application.

You can also resize to smaller resolution and use the rest available space instead.

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 9:49 am
JayShoePRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posted Fri 04 Mar 11 @ 2:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)