Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound Breaks up when Loading MP3's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This happened to me last night I was in the heat of the mix, using my cd players, loaded up and MP3 on Turntable 2 which was fine, mixed it in while the track was playing I went to load an MP3 on Turntable 1 then it went south the music turned to static as the MP3 was loading on the other Deck. This happens here and there is this a gltich or a memory issue.

I use time coded vinyl and I have 512 Megs of ram.

Aside from the static, I really do love this program.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 6:54 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Santd, I have had problems in the past when loading particulary large files (especially videos) from a USB drive. I am guessing that the USB controller is not smart enough to prioritize and manage bandwidth and so because I am using a USB sound device, an overloaded bus gives a temporary glitch to my supposed realtime audio data. Since moving my videos to a FireWire drive, I have not had the problem occur. If you are using a USB sound device, then I suggest you try this.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 7:26 pm
I had this problem when i use On-board soundcard. Ever since i shifted to a pci soundcard, its gone.
Else, Upgrading your processor might work if its below 1.2ghz.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 5:14 am
Do you have MAX LOAD set to always ??

I have only had this problem with playing files direct from harddrive (max load=none)

Also, check if there are any hardware IRQ conflicts, specially for soundcard

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 10:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)