Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Spinner Issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gide0nHome userMember since 2011
I am trying to create my spinner and I'm having a slight problem. The spinner is W=150 H=150 and the clip mask is W=150 H=150. It seems that no matter what I do I get a very slight wobble out of my spinner, and it seems to bob up and down.

The wobble only seems to be on one side of the spinner with other side staying flush indicating no movement. I have checked and rechecked my measurements and all seems to be fine but still the wobble. Any help would be greatly appreciated; below is the code I am using.

<visual type="rotation" source="deck 1 get rotation">
<size width="150" height="150"/>
<pos x="110" y="210"/>
<down x="194" y="1093"/>
<clipmask x="18" y="1092" width="154" height="154" />
<mask x="20" y="1094" />
</visual>

Posted Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 6:48 pm
Remove the width and height inside the clipmask element. Also remember that dowb is the object that will rotate, clipmask is the track the object will run around, and the mask is the shape of the object

Posted Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 10:27 pm
That's correct, also you need to remember the just because the masks and the object are the same size doesn't
Mean it will run seamless they also have to "line up correctly". I find when I have a "wobble" that it's usually a one pixel shift on either the x or the y axis that will solve it. Try experimenting with adding 1 to your clipmask coordinates and see what the effect is.

DjChuck

Posted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 12:16 am
gide0nHome userMember since 2011
Thanks for the info guys, I'll give it another run today and see if I can't straighten it out.

Posted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 10:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)