Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with 3.0 Trial Version

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hkmalikHome userMember since 2005
I'm experiencing a very strange problem in the trial version 3.0

I installed it 2 days ago. Initially it had 21 days as the trial period and was working fine. The next day I uninstalled it and then installled it again cause "vinnyl scratch" (the additional Program that comes with 3.0 verion) was program was not starting properly because of some lame encoder which it could not find....That was the reason that uninstalled it thinking that perhaps it did not install perfectly the first time.

Anyway after the reinstallation after one day, its says 1 day left for trial period and STRANGLY SOMETHING REALLY STRANG IS GOING ON THAT EVERYTIME I START THE PROGRAM IT SHUTS DOWN AUTOMATICALLY AFTER APPROXIMATELY 2 MINUTES. During those 2 minutes, there is no problem in the functionality of the program. However later I figured out the Lame encoder problem and now the Vinyl thing is working fine.

Plz let me know as to what the problem could be in the REDUCTION OF TRIAL DAYS & SHUTTING DOWN OF THE PROGRAM AUTOMATICALLY. Its very frustrating that it shuts down after 2 minutes.

Im using Windows 98SE, P III - 850 with Creative Sound Blaster/ Nvidia 16 Mb VGA/ Direct-X 9.0C.

Immediate help and advice will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 9:17 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The 2 minutes then shutdown is what happenes when your trial time has expired. I think the problem is that you reinstalled the trial version and VDJ thinks it has already expired the trial time.

If you explain your problem to the eservice and ask them nicely, you could get another trial time.
contact here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/support/ask.html

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 1:55 am
Hi, I have exactly the same issue. Have you been able to get the answer? I am very upset as I was ready to buy Virtual DJ V3, but am afraid that the software is not reliable for the moment.

Imagine if you are djjing in a party and the soft is crashing!!! (My laptop is almost new and very powerful:::-) I do guess that both people and you will be very disappointed :-((

The Atomix team will have to convince me that the software and moreover the demo version is working. Before buying the software I would like to know if it meets my expectations.

Please let me know if you found out a solution about that issue.

Regards,

FabeOne

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 3:32 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
What are you talking about?

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 3:46 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@fabeoner:
I use VirtualDJ for a long time, every weekend in club (around 3 - 4 hours) and once a week at privat partyes. It haven't crash yet, neither at home when i practise.
First post is something completely different.

Dj Nikki

Posted Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 3:47 pm
Me too.. no crashes yet even on a 1.4ghz machine...

Posted Sat 23 Jul 05 @ 11:43 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
A lot of users here work in clubs or private parties many times a week without any crashes.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 05 @ 12:07 pm
shutdown is because trial expires ;-) i can confirm it.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 2:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)