Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems Setting Up My TCV :(

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi guys and girls,

just got my TCV through the post and cant get the thing to work at all, ive got 2 technics 1210's running through a technics dx1200 mixer, with the time coded vinyl running through the line part of the mixer (B channel). Now ive got it connected to my laptop into the microphone with the vinyl playing, but the menu is still stating that it is silent, therefore i cant get it to work.

Need help with this as im really excited and this is like having a present which youre unable to open!

thanks

benji

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 7:49 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
First your problem is that TimeCode requires a STEREO input, you are trying to use the Microphone input which is MONO.

Visit this thread for help on proper TimeCode Setup: http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=13647

And spend sometime searching the forums. If you continue to have configuration problems please feel free to post the specifics of your problems back here.

Also, if you have purchased VDJ, please register your software in your profile.
If you are currently running the trial version, remember you can only setup 1 TT.
If you are running a crack, then your struggles won't end and you should buy a full version.

cstoll

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 8:22 pm
Right ok, i got the full version on my pc but im using the trial on my laptop for the time being, i only want to set up one deck though.

right heres the set up at the moment

right deck with TCV on it.
RCA lead plugged into phono on right side of mixer.
mini jack from the RCA plugged into the line in part of the laptop
earth wires from decks not plugged in anywhere
mixer set to phono.

now im still getting silent on the setup menu :(

please help me someone!

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 8:26 pm
Again, take a look at the link I provided. Your wiring is currently the problem.

You don't plug the TT into the mixer. Your TT signal must go to the PC, then the PCs output to the mixer. Again, spend sometime at the link I provided.

Also, please use your PC and register your full version. It will open a huge door of information and help.

cstoll

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 8:32 pm
I cant work it out still mate with your guide.

Where is the wiring wrong exactly?

Left deck plugged into A side of deck in phono, earth connected to earth point on mixer

Right deck plugged into B side of deck in phono, earth not connected

Red and white connected into the phono of the B side mixer, mini jack of that lead into the line in point.

what is wrong with the wiring as im getting really annoyed with it and dont want it to be a waste of money :(

the pc is currently being repaired! so i cant get any of my files regarding my virtualDJ to register it.

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 8:43 pm
"Left deck plugged into A side of deck in phono"

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 10:37 pm
dont get what you mean?

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 11:15 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You got the full version on your computer? why didn't you put your serial number in your profile??

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 2:01 am
did you read my post? i only registered to find out about the tcv, im on my laptop not the computer.

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 3:11 am
Sorry about the miss post, I used an illegal character and the post messed up... anyhow...

The simple answer is that you aren't taking the time to research it yourself with the information provided. You keep plugging the TT into the mixer and then this "B-side mixer, mini jack" what's that?? The TT go direct to your laptop, then the output from laptop to the mixer. That simple. If your getting annoyed with the wiring I can only imagine your other issues in the future.

Oh, and your slips of info don't land credibility to your problem. What about "and dont want it to be a waste of money" in your earlier post? I mean if you have bought VDJ and the TCVs then the money has been spent, now it's just wasting of TIME by beating around the bush.

PLEASE make the purchase....

cstoll

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 3:25 am
Why do you use a 2.06 cracked version on your laptop if you are a real registred user ???

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 5:05 am
@ piracy staff.... wanted to try my friends copy to see if using the demo was the main reason for it not working.

@ cstoll ... what lead's do i need to set it up as the only lead i have is a rca with a mini jack on the end... going to town thats all?

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 2:12 pm
DeeJayBenji: Please enter your serial number in your profile to be view as registered user. Last warning, if you have e problem with your serial number or to register go here: e-service

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 3:12 pm
I cant get my serial number as the pc it's on is being repaired, i already stated that.

Can someone please tell me what leads i need to buy as i dont have a clue which leads are needed to be plugged into the laptop and then which are meant to then go out the laptop to my mixer, im guessing

deck goes into the laptop's line in with a adapter because there red and white leads.

Mini jack goes into decks headphone port and the red and white parts of the end of that lead goes into where i would normally plug in my deck on my mixer?

please help me with this its driving me insane

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 3:19 pm
DeeJayBenji,
First determine what you would like to do: Would you play tcv only or do you also need to play normal vinyls.
First option (tcv only):
You need a soundcard that supports Asio drivers and 4 mono (= 2 stereo inputs), like a Maya Usb card. It will not work to use the microphone input, while this is mono like written before.
Then you attach your turntable directly to your soundcard. If your soundcard have jack connectors for the input, you will need adaptor cables from phono female -> jack
The output of your soundcard is attached to your mixer input (line)

Second option (tcv + normal vinyl)
You need a soundcard that supports Asio drivers and 4 mono (= 2 stereo inputs), like a Maya Usb card. It will not work to use the microphone input, while this is mono like written before. You need two splitter cables (also called Y cables). The single point is connected to your turntable, the other two ends are connected to your mixer (phono input) and the other is connected to your soundcard.
If your soundcard have jack connectors for the input, you will need adaptor cables from phono female -> jack
The output of your soundcard is attached to your mixer input (line)

Please also see the setup guide with a nice diagram how to connect everything.

Ewout

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 3:21 pm
DeeJayBenji: go here now : e-service to verify your purchase information

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 3:27 pm
I just want to play the vinyl with the mp3 on it through my mixer.

My sound card is a Realtek RC97 Sound card

i have 3 inputs on it all which connect through jack's, them being headphones, line in and microphone.

is it possible to use this setup or do i have to buy this sound card which is being mentioned?

i no i have to plug my deck into the line in, but where does the output lead going into the mixer need to be put in, the headphone port?

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 3:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)