Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mono / stereo - soundcard config

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi;

I plan to buy a laptop and a good soundcard like maya 44 or another one (I don't know which one yet).
As the Maya 44 has 4 mono inputs and 4 mono outputs, if I want to use 3 of them (deck A, deck A, sampler), I guess I use 3 mono outputs instead 2 stereo. With this config what settings do I have to select in the advanced section ? The two lines (for left and right) must be configured on the same soundcard output ?

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 11:26 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If I were you, i would buy a soundcard with 3 stereo outputs, you will have a better sound, and if you aren't planning on using the TCVs or TCCDs then the maya44usb won't be very much as a use, because you can find 3 stereo outputs cards cheapper with a same quality.

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 4:43 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
clax - as lej78480 said, if you don't plan on needing the inputs then get something like the AudioTrak GigaPort, it is basicly the Maya but with all outputs - 8 MONO/4 STEREO.

cstoll

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 8:27 pm
Yes but the price of the Gigaport is twice the Maya 44.

Do you have another ideas ?
That's right I don't plan to use TCV or TCCD.
I just want to have a good sound, good level (much than a basic soundcard) comparatively to a CD player.

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 11:01 am
Hm.. for non-tcv/tccd, music-in-VDJ only, I could recommend SB Audigy 2 NX USB. It has worked fine for me so far. The should come at a resonable price.

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 12:15 pm
Thanks for this advice.
And what about this one: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Pci 24 bits ?

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 3:48 pm
Yep, i suppose its good enough...really high quality stuff.. snr >102 db...pretty good card for pci.

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 5:14 pm
Even better. Less cords, adapters etc.

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 6:23 pm
Hmmm it seems it doesn't exist any USB soundcard at about 100 euros with 3 stereo outputs ... It's a shame.

Having 2 good stereo outputs with a MAYA USB and the sampler with the integrated soundcard will probably get a big level difference between these 2 ones.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 5:05 pm
What about soundBlaster Extigy? Did you check that? I think its 7.1 channel, meaning 3 stereo outputs.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 5:29 pm

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 7:10 pm

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 7:33 pm
Cool but more expensive.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 7:42 pm

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 7:53 am
The Hercules Console is a GREAT usb soundcard (24bit, cristal clear sound) - and includes an ok midi controller for VDJ.

If not using timecode, I would recommend the Hercules soundcard anytime, and you will get the midi controller included (an ok controller)

Hercules gives you USB soundcard with 3 stereo outputs

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 10:05 am
Yes but I use VirtualDJ with an external mixtable and the Hercules Console is a bit expensive in that case maybe.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 2:51 pm
might be yes :)

I use Hercules Console with external mixtable (see pics in my blogs), just because I love the jogwheels at the console for nudge (all I use at the console actually, + the included soundcard)

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 3:04 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Me too. I use Console only as soundcard and its jog wheels. Thanks to dj-in-norway. He told me how to use Console in combination with external mixer ;)

Will put pic in my blog soon.

Dj Nikki

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 4:06 pm
Maybe I'm gonna change my mind.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 4:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)