Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin Error

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gide0nHome userMember since 2011
Not sure what to do here. I am trying to make an animation and I am wondering if it is possible to stack the phases from up to down much like you would left to right with the nb="" property. The image I am dealing with is long and the background is not wide enough to allow multiple phases and still have it fit on the screen. Would I need to use the nbx="" property? if so, I keep getting an error each time I try to use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Fri 21 Jan 11 @ 5:43 pm
You have to use nbx in conjunction nby number of collumns by number of rows

like nbx="7" nby="3" ---- 21 frames

Posted Fri 21 Jan 11 @ 6:10 pm
I've done this in as many ways as I know how and I am obviously missing something. I am trying to map a series of lights that respond to the crossfader and this is the code I'm using... There is 31 phases stacked from top to bottom. I didn't have any issues with the phases being mapped out horizontally so I figure I'm missing something simple. Any further help would be appreciated.

<slider pannel="mixer_1" action="crossfader" orientation="horizontal" dblclick="crossfader 50%" rightclick="temporary">
<pos x="446" y="387"/>
<size width="126" height="37"/>
<fader>
<pos x="11" y="1822" nbx="1" nby="31"/>
<size width="126" height="34" />
</fader>
</slider>

Posted Fri 21 Jan 11 @ 7:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I wonder why are you trying to make crossfader with phases?

If i am not wrong those nbx, nby work only for round sliders.

Posted Fri 21 Jan 11 @ 8:01 pm
DJDad, dont forget it also works for type="custom" visuals.

Posted Sat 22 Jan 11 @ 12:14 pm
The reason I'm making a crossfader in phases is because I am not using an actual fader visual. The fader is made out of light and when I code it like you would a regular crossfader the effect looks cheap and the lighting is unrealistic. I could be dong it the long way but as far as I know the only the I've been able to achieve the effect I'm looking for is to do it this way. It's kind of hard to explain really. Thanks for the help though guys, I found a work around and it panned out nicely.

Posted Sat 22 Jan 11 @ 6:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)