Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Knob Meter Attempt Fail

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gide0nHome userMember since 2011
I am attempting to make a circular meter for the gain, high eq ect.. knobs but I'm having some trouble. There is no actual knob only a circle divided into 18 sections, and when I adjust the gain It should light up the sections of the circle according to the level of the gain.

I have set up a row of 18 images showing the progression from off the full and am using this code to show the animation.

<slider action="mixer_1" action="deck 1 gain" orientation="round" dblclick="deck 1 gain 50%" rightclick="deck 1 match_gain">
<circle/>
<pos x="458" y="134"/>
<size width="40" height="40"/>
<fader sensibility="200" anglemin="-130" anglemax="+130">
<size width="40" height="40"/>
<pos x="3" y="1321" nb="20"/>
</fader>
</slider>

The animation carries out nicely showing the sections lighting up in order as the gain is increased, however the image shifts to the right as the level increases and left as it decreases.

Could someone throw me a tip on how to keep the image from moving as the animation is carried out. If pictures are needed I could upload an image however I don't know how to on these forums, but could easily grasp a little direction on how to.

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 6:44 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You have to be very precise in your graphics.

If your knobs phases start from x=3 and according to your width, the second one should start from x=3+40 not 3+40+1, the third one from x=3+40+40, etc.
Tip. if your knob is exactly 40 pixels wide, make the width and height in the script 42, and place your knobs at 2, 44, 86, etc.

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 6:53 pm
gide0nHome userMember since 2011
Seriously, thank you. I use the forums as a last resort so I spend hours of trial and error before I ask. It works perfectly and I was about to give up. Many thanks.

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 7:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)