Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please help: Removing effects on Virtual DJ Pro/VMS4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have an American Audio VMS4 and I am using Virtual DJ Pro. I downloaded a bunch of effects from the DOWNLOADS>PLUGINS>EFFECTS section of this site. There are a couple of effects that crash my Virtual DJ Pro program when I try to use them. How do I remove these effects from the program/mixer? I went into CONFIG and reset to factory settings but the effects are still present. I am not sure what else to do.

The program crashed when I was using Vocals+ effect.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 8:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Goto MyDocuments/VirtualDJ/Plugins/Soundeffect and delete any dll you wish or move them to a different folder, in case you need them again.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 9:25 pm
Thank you :)

Posted Sat 22 Jan 11 @ 12:31 pm
tkpatelPRO InfinityMember since 2010
what about in MAC OS

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 9:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure what is your question and keep in mind that you are posting on a very old thread, so most likely the OP was referring to version 7.
If version 7 is the one you use, then the procedure is exactly the same (remove dll files ) from /VirtualDJ/plugins folder.

If you r question is about version 8, then you need to ...
- Click to the Effect select button to get the Effects list.
- Use the Pin small icon at the top of the list to pin the list
- Create a subfolder and name it as "Ignore" (right click option
- Drag n drop the Effects you dont use to that folder
- Close the pinned Effects list.
So you dont have to do any file operations within the Plugins/Plugins64 folders. Btw, the native Effects of version 8 are hardcoded, so there are no dll files for these, so cant be moved or deleted of course.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 11:19 am
thanks for the info djdad!

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 10:43 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Note that in VDJ 8.1, the procedure is simplified, and you can just right-click an effect and select 'Ignore'

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 5:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)