Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Need some code help please... DjDad, Format, please read LOL

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've always wanted to have a timed automix with virtual dj. It's a feature that is native in PCDJ and can be set to any value you want in the menu screens

I am not good at the vdj scripting language (yet) and I know how to write it out logically, but the actual coding.. ??

here's what I'm thinking, maybe you guys can tell me a script that will get the job done

if songpos deck default <=410sec do nothing else automix

I know that isn't correct but hopefully the logic is illustrated

Ideally I would like to have a text field on the skin where I can input a time that will be used as the value of the "timed automix" I will settle for a multi-button or a slider/knob though.

I'm pretty sure this should be do-able, just need the scripting know-how.

Thanks guys!

DjChuck

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 2:10 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Not sure if this is possible I will look into it for you.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 2:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This cant be done. VDJ script doesnt support time triggered actions. Just remember that any actions you add in an xml file, there has to be combined with a button, or a slider, etc. So yes you might write a script like this but it will be triggered ONLY when a button is pushed or a slider is moved.
Each time you press a button on the screen, VDJ looks at the code and makes this or the other, but not automatically.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 3:09 pm
Looks like another feature the team could look into for the future, time triggered actions? Very interesting.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 4:04 pm
Quote :
This cant be done. VDJ script doesnt support time triggered actions. Just remember that any actions you add in an xml file, there has to be combined with a button, or a slider, etc. So yes you might write a script like this but it will be triggered ONLY when a button is pushed or a slider is moved.
Each time you press a button on the screen, VDJ looks at the code and makes this or the other, but not automatically.

Well poop. That sucks. well I agree with killadj, maybe they can add this capability in the future

Thanks for the attention guys.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 11:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)