Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Panel Problem with Z order

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anything i need to know about layering pannels? i have a pannel that opens fine, but some (not all) of the buttons underneath it show through, how do i prevent this?

Posted Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 3:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Make sure that all the buttons of this panel have the right syntax (panel refering)

<button panel="panel name" action...etc

alsomake sure you have given the right up position for the buttons and the right down position fo rthe panel.

Posted Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 4:13 pm
yeah, that all seems to be OK, but the problem is that the stuff showing through is not the stuff that's supposed to be...

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 1:16 am
the thing that djdad didn't mention was that pannels will only replace pannels completely if the are in the same "group"

sure you probably already knew that though.

what are you putting on the pannels?

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 11:30 pm
Fierogt87 wrote :
yeah, that all seems to be OK, but the problem is that the stuff showing through is not the stuff that's supposed to be...

When you use a pannel.. You Your you need to use the code up

For example:

<pannel pannel="Audio_Deck" group="Sud_M" visible="no">
<size width="240" height="278"/>
<pos x="520" y="137"/>
<up x="1032" y="2659"/>
<down x="1032" y="2659"/>
</pannel>

Maybe your problem is solved..

Regards..

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 9:41 am
Like Dj Ro said the UP will show how the button is supposed to look like when inactive. BTW are you new to Virtual DJ Skin creation?

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 11:52 am
killadj4136 wrote :
BTW are you new to Virtual DJ Skin creation?

Couldja tell? ;)

Actually, I've got one up, that seems to be a bit controversial, another i upped on Jan 6th, but is still pending, and another that i upped yesterday... and still pending, of course...

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 10:57 pm
cbgraphix wrote :
the thing that djdad didn't mention was that pannels will only replace pannels completely if the are in the same "group"

sure you probably already knew that though.

what are you putting on the pannels?

I'm thinking that my mistake is that pannels will not cover up pure skin? i mean, the area has to be a pannel in the first place...? yes?

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 11:07 pm
one area of a skin can have as many pannels as needed, just put them all as one group, and another area will be a different group with any number of pannels necessary. get me?

Posted Sun 16 Jan 11 @ 6:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)