Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Semi Auto Way to add BPM & KEY to ID3 tags in VDJ !!!!!!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi folks!

Until the feature to batch update ID3 tags from VDJ is added I have come up with a not so sexy but functional way to automate batch updating ID3 tags to fill the BPM & KEY fields. I hope it will help some folks out.

I have uploaded it to the plugin section under tools and it is pending approval.

If anyone would like to try it out and has any suggestions to improve it send me a private message here with your email address and I will gladly send it your way.

Let me know.

Thanks,

John

Posted Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 3:19 pm
Well I just tested it on like 600 and some songs and let me say it WORKS!! How do I know, I opened up the music folder I had them and checked the ID3 tag and there they were!! I also opened the same folder in Serato and Boom...........All the keys and bpm's were there!!

The only thing I can see wrong is that it doesnt stop, itll just keep going and going, lol! And what if I just wanted to fix a tag (Title, Artist, etc. etc.), how do I turn it off? Other then that it seems to work just like you said it would. And doing that many tracks didnt take long at all.

+1 from me, Thanks for the time and effort!!
Huey

EDIT Got ahead of myself and didnt see the "Ctrl-X" command to make it stop, that settles that then. Its good!!

Posted Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 9:38 pm
Glad it worked for you! Hope it helps some folks out! Yeah I know it will keep going forever unless you stop it. Maybe if I play around with it some more I can figure out a way to have the script read out how many files are selected and then make it loop that many times and stop. Also was wondering those are really the only two fields most of us need to write to tags right? Adding another field or 2 wouldn't be hard at all if someone required it.
Anyway glad itworked for you. Kerns know if you have any suggestions to improve it.

Thanks,

John

Posted Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 9:48 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 10:22 pm
Maybe the miracle maker SCOTT could take a look at this and implement it some how.................... So please Scott, I know your a busy man but could you please take a peek??

@John could you also add the "Comments" field also?

Thanks for this!! Its great knowing that any program I use will have the same info!!
Huey

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 10:14 am
I am not by a computer right now but later on adding the comments field will not be a problem as long as there are comments to add.

Thanks,
John

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 10:29 am
Scratch the comment field unless you can make a separate script? If not leave it. After thinking about it we don't post a comment for every song so that would just slow the process down.

Thanks for everything
Huey

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 12:01 pm
It really wouldn't slow it down all that much. I have a 1/2 second delay between button pushes so you are only adding a 1/2 second per song. Let me know if I should add it or not.

Thanks,

John

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 5:52 pm
I think the idea of adding comments and genres is great. That way, I could note all my bpm's, keys, genres, and comments one time, and have them added to id3 tag for use in serato, which I prefer for certain types of gigs.

I will give this a shot. Thank you for your time in creating this super plugin.
Steve

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 4:37 pm
Well I have to say I am a little upset. My upload no longer says pending review it is just no longer there! I have no private message or anything they seem to have just deleted my upload! That isn't really right! If there was a problem with my upload shouldn't the admins at least let me know? This was my first time trying to put something up and I was trying to help the community out, the least I deserve is some explanation!

Sorry to rant but I just think that is kind of messed up.

Thanks for listening,

John

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 5:32 am
Sorry to hear about you upload being deleted. I honestly think this is a great idea and would love to try out this plugin. Can you send it my way?

Posted Sat 24 Nov 12 @ 3:41 pm
Sorry, tools are only available to registered licensed users who have purchased the full VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - Your VirtualDJ LE entitles you to a discount off the cost of upgrading.

Please do not ask users to send you add-ons to which you are not currently entitled or your account will be locked. 3rd party sharing of add-ons is not permitted on the VirtualDJ forums.

Posted Mon 26 Nov 12 @ 6:18 am
John, I would also like to use this plugin. If you can send it to me, let me know...

Posted Fri 28 Dec 12 @ 4:02 pm
Nobody will send you add-ons to which you are not currently entitled.

Do not ask this again or your account will be locked.

As already posted above, you will need to purchase and register VirtualDJ to be able to download add-ons (The full VitualDJ Pro is required to download tools.)

If you like VirtualDJ, please support the software and its future development by purchasing it (Especially if you are a working DJ and you are making money as a result of using it at your gigs.)

Posted Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 11:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)