Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: To-Save or Not-to-Save last setting

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I don't see where this is discussed before, but isn't it very handy for plug-ins to save their last used setting ? Meaning to save the position of sliders and button selections when they unload ?

I know that it is additional work for Plug-in developers, but if everyone agrees that it is useful, could some developers who have already done it share their method as a best practice, to make it easier for other plug-in developers to implement ?

I think many developers don't implement because it is too much work.... comments ?

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 6:45 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
We allready share some plugin source code :)

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 8:11 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
In fact there is two methods:
* the complicated in XML as you need to use an external class in C++ to work with the XML. But of course it's the more beautiful way
* the second one is the easier, you save data in a simple file (you can use .txt or .ini or your own extension) and you use some famous function to write/read in file. In language C, you declare a pointer on a type FILE and you use the two functions fprintf() and fscanf(). Include the library stdio.h at the beginning.
You can use the language C++ with the library iostream if you prefer

For the moment i use the second choice as i don't have a lot of options and i don't see the interest of xml for my plugins I showed the way to save data to Deun-Deun but he didn't succeed to use it and i was busy for a long time so i don't have news from him for the moment

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 10:57 pm
dose any one know how to get the lame plugin (the plugin for recording)

Posted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 9:51 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You will not find it on this site.
Search on the Internet (lame_enc.dll), it is a freeware.

Posted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 10:49 pm
now how do you do that second choice you said because this is the biggest problem i have with these plugins

Posted Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 6:42 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
dizon7th wrote :
now how do you do that second choice you said because this is the biggest problem i have with these plugins

It's only relevant to plugin developers, and file I/O is a basic concept ;)

Every plugin I can think of saves it settings these days?

Posted Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 7:01 pm
see im not a plugin developer

Posted Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 5:20 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
In which case I don't understand your query.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 5:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)