Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Seriously confused with VDJScript....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

is it:

<slider action="deck 2 level" orientation="horizontal">

or is it:

<slider action="level" chan="2" orientation="horizontal">

or:

<slider action="level" deck="2" orientation="horizontal">

and why does the second example work in one skin but not another?

using VDJ 7.0.2 Pro build 347

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 10:49 am
This is from: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Skin%20SDK%20.html

The <textzone> element

The syntax of the textzone element is <textzone deck="" resetcounter="" pannel="">.
The properties values are:

* chan can take its value between "1", "2", "left", "right", "default" (default), or "active".
* resetcounter : if set to "true", the counter will be reset if this textzone is clicked
* pannel can put the textzone into a specific pannel

is is supposed to be 'chan' or 'deck'?

is there a list of what 'chan's there are?

i'm rapidly running out of hair... *sigh*

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 4:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Both syntaxes are correct. deck or chan is the same.
Preferable deck 1 ..mpla mpla is the way we should write our script since its the new VDJ script version.

Note. When you create a ver7 skin then almost all old syntaxes are working. But not the opposite. If you try to implement a ver7 syntax (verb etc) in a ver 6 skin then you get a syntax error.

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 4:53 pm
mpla?

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 6:04 pm
mpla mpla or blah blah if you prefer ..means etc etc. at least at my country.

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 6:11 pm
Gotcha, thanks :)

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 8:18 pm
What do you have for version=""? If you have anything lower than version="6" then put chan="whatever chan you want" action="level". You can also do action="vumeterleft" and "vumeterright" to get the levels of both speakers. If you have version="6" or higher than just do action="deck 1 get level" you might want action="deck 1 get level_left/right" to get the levels coming from the right or left speaker. You might want to also add dblclick="deck 1 get level 50%" so that way when they double click the slider, it resets. For versions under version 6 just put dblclick="reset"

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 9:32 pm
@killadj4136:

Why would i want to make something for any version less than v7?

and you might notice that my code is for a slider, not a query.

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 10:07 pm
Im sorry, i got carried away to the point where i started talking about the visual. Anyways back to the slider, like i said before, scripts below version 6, and scripts VERSION 6 AND ABOVE are completely different. The skin you are modifying, or creating is, like you said, a version 7 skin. So the second syntax will not work. It only works on skins with version="5" or lower. This is also true vice-versa.

Posted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 9:55 pm
I have, as they say, "seen the 'Light'"...

is there anywhere in the vdjscript documentation that they actually tell you that outdated syntax is still in the code, but you have to activate it by telling VDJ what version you're writing for?

@killadj4136:

i had no clue what you were trying to say to me, but it just hit me like a brick. i just noticed that my first skin has "1" for version... apparently i thought that meant the version of the skin??? that would explain why certain code works in that skin and not in a skin that has "7" for the version?

on to further points, where can i find out version specific syntax?

even further points, i have limited experience writing user manuals for software, but i can do it, as well as call center and deskside support, do you guys at Atomix want me to write comprehensive documentation for VDJscript? I will, but i need a source for all these questions... I'm not going to experiment with every noun and verb to write it.

or am I just buggared cause this is stuff every one should know?

PS... Even further points...

does the skin tool code for 7? 6? 5? all of them? does it code for what ever version number you have on the first line? I'd be happy to write documentation for that too, Jeremk, email me.

Posted Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 1:03 am
HEllo everybody.
i just want to know how to write my dj's name in the skin of my virtual dj.
thanks before for ur help.

Posted Sat 16 Feb 13 @ 7:18 pm
You need to unzip the skin zip file and edit/open the bmp file with Paint or whatever graphics application you have.
Add your name in whatever way you wish (text/graphics/logo), save the bmp file and update the zip skin file.

Please next time you wish to ask something create your own thread. Dont use old threads with irrelevant subject.

Posted Sun 17 Feb 13 @ 8:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)