Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skipping when click on...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Been really working with the latest Virtual DJ 1.05 release

First, I reloaded my laptop TOTALLY CLEAN, win2k and only directX 9 (to be sure any problems I found are not the PC)

1. I found it skips sometimes when I am mixing for a while and then go to click on another area of the screen like the volume control at the top of the advanced skin. This skipping also happens when I click to scroll down in the search window (11,000 tracks). It is only a brief second as the screen and sound freezes for a moment and it comes back

2. When using high quality headphones I can faintly hear the controller noise with quiet tracks. this may be the sound card, I have an Echo Indigo DJ on order that has much higher specifications and lower latency. I will test it and report back if the problem goes away.

3. Found that changing from elastic to rigid helps a lot with beat lock.

4. When a track is playing and you roll the inner wheel of the controller forward it is FAST. When you roll it backwards, it is almost like I am FIGHTING it and have to turn the wheel twice as fast. can you add an option so scroll speed is the same in both directions? Maybe add an adjustment so DJ can control sensivity of jog wheels.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 03 @ 9:05 pm
fearzzHome userMember since 2003
Got the same probs.
using winxp SP1 on a P4 1.5 ghz intel with 512 MB S-DRAM and a 120 G.B Maxtor H.D. using it on the main drive (14 gigs) C:\ - using best performance settings.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 03 @ 3:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)