Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: [iPad] 4 Decks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hiya,

I'm sure many of these will crop up, but I've found it slightly frustrating whilst using iRemote that I cannot access all 4 decks. To combat this - I've reduced the samples / effects panels to squeeze in an extra 2 decks. Just wondered what peoples opinions were?

I'm still in the process of designing it (so you can see I need to add in some more volume controls and change the samples box gradient, add extra load to deck buttons etc.). I'm not too happy to lose the scratching / pitch facility for the 3 / 4 decks. But I've tried doing a gig with this one and it worked pretty sweetly. I'm debating whether to introduce an extra page to swap the controls around.

Anyways would be great to have any improvement ideas.

Cheers,

Adam.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 9:01 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In order to avoid a 4 deck mixer plus all the necessery ch_asign etc i reccomend you to make a left-right logic skin.

you will need 4 different pages as left-right (1-2, 1-4, 3-2, 3-4) decks. and 2 swap buttons.

Alternative you could use two buttons as
deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 leftcross 'only' : deck 1 leftdeck & deck 2 leftcross 'only'
and
deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 rightcross 'only' : deck 2 rightdeck & deck 4 rightcross 'only'

but you will not be able to change the colors of the decks, just the actions using deck left and deck right instead of deck 1, deck, deck, deck 4.

Hope that makes sence to you.

Note. The above actions work in a normal skin, but i havent yet tried them in a iSkin. Hope these work.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 9:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)