Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Conditional Pannel Display?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm sure that the script commands will allow you to do it, but the examples are very vague on the usage...

I have a center pannel that I have change based on the current deck being selected, I have succesfully linked it to the deck selection buttons on my skin but if I load a song on a deck "causing that deck to become the default deck" the pannel doesn't switch unless I use the button.

I am also using a button to return the center pannel from other displays, ie. a mixer and the video display, back to the color changing display based on the selected deck and would like it to know which deck is currently selected so it displays the proper graphic.

Any of you gents or gentlewomen out there familiar enough with the script commands to help me out?

DjChuck

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 2:19 am
here is the script command that I am trying to use, maybe someone can tell me how to make it work?

becuase this one does not.

<button action="set '$deck' get defaultdeck & var_equal '$deck' 1 ? skin_pannel 'blue' on : skin_pannel 'red' on">

This is what I am looking for, if the left deck is "selected" then turn on the "blue" pannel when the button is pressed, if the right deck is selected, the "red" pannel should come on.

Help?

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 3:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For conditional panels you should write a script inside the visible paramaetr.

Example

<panel id="blue" .. visible="deck 1 select">
</panel>

<panel id="red" .. visible="deck 2 select">

</panel>

These panels will show only if the visible is true.

BUT, be carefull in case the visible script is true, they will show up no matter if you have pressed a button or not.

Generally these are quite tricky, you can find quite a few conditional panels inside my Rusty4Decks and TCmania 4decks skins. Study them.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 6:51 pm
Will do, thank you sir.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 8:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)