Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MP3's vanish :S

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MalekoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
ok...was it just me doin sommit wrong....

I added my songs to my database, then wen to remove some, to only find they were removed from my computer as well! i noticed some wher ein my recycle bin with i restored, but some where gone! (no major panic as i had them backed up)....was i doin sommit wrong?

All i did was select remove from database search....

Posted Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 12:58 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hnmm... whenever i remove files from the database they have never deleted before for me... Sorry, cant help you there :os

Posted Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 3:12 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When you delete from database search the files are not deleted. If you want to see them again just rescan your database.

Posted Sun 10 Jul 05 @ 1:51 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
You must have accidentally selected 'delete' instead of 'remove from search db'

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 5:40 pm
Mebbe not frd..... I came home from work just now and thought i'd have a mix... only to find that pretty much all of my music has been deleted!!! So confused! :o( kinda grrr too cos will take ages to get it all back off cds and the like!

Not a happy chappie atm, :o(

Posted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 6:43 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
@Nebula,

Sorry to hear you lost some of your tunes. Check the recycling bin with your fingers crossed, though if VDJ did actually delete the files, they are probably really just gone. If this is a VDJ bug, I hope it gets sorted out quickly... no one wants to lose their music.

Posted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 10:21 pm
yeah, i checked recucle bin... :o( no luck there. It might not be a bug in VDJ (if it was, i think more people would have reported it by now). I hate to admit it but it's probably a virus :'o(

Posted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 8:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)