Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Work in Progress: Mapping Novation Dicer functions into Hercules RMX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Dyce590Home userMember since 2010
Hey vdj, this is my first post on the board even thought ive been lurking for a few months now. For xmas i finally got my first controller (Hercules RMX). I love it and i'm already playing with mapping. I saw the ad's for the novation dicer and instantly wanted it even though my skills arent at that level yet. So i figured I would try my attempts at incorporating the novation dicer functions into the RMX.

Warning: The scratch feature was disabled and replaced with the shift button

As if today. I successfully mapped the loop roll functions into the RMX while still maintaining the default effects buttions via shift button. My question to you guys is is their a way to make the same shift button have 2 modes. if i can get a second shift fuction then i can map the dicer cuepoint feature in. will also need the mapping code in order to due so.

Posted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 6:51 pm
Nice work man!! Wish I could give you an answer but I'm no good with that mapper stuff. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting your script for that "Loop Roll"?? I'm sure someone will chime and have an answer for you though, They always do..........

Good luck and Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 8:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 9:04 pm
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJScript%20Examples.html

Short part of Wiki ....

Make buttons perform different functions depending on what mode is selected:

First map a button to cycle through the modes, e.g: For 4 different modes Normal, Effects, Video and Sampler:

cycle 'mode' 4 & var_equal 'mode' 1 ? show_text "Effects|Mode" : var_equal 'mode' 2 ? show_text "Video|Mode" : var_equal 'mode' 3 ? show_text "Sampler|Mode" : show_text "Normal|Mode"

If your controller does not have text displays, then map the button to:

cycle 'mode' 4

And map the LED of the button (BUTTONNAME_LED) to indicate the mode:

var_equal 'mode' 1 ? on : var_equal 'mode' 2 ? on blink : var_equal 'mode' 3 ? on blinkfast : off

The variable 'mode' now holds the mode number, which you can then use in the mapping for each button that will act differently depending on the mode, e.g: You could map a button as follows:

var_equal 'mode' 1 ? effect 'Flanger' active : var_equal 'mode' 2 ? video_fx_select 'Negative' & video_fx : var_equal 'mode' 3 ? sampler 1 play_stop : hot_cue 1

The button will act as follows:

Normal: Hot cue #1
Effects: Turns flanger on/off
Video: Turns the video effect 'Negative' on/off
Sampler: Plays sample #1

Posted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 9:09 pm
Well thanks Bob I've posted in that thread was thinking he has something different, better perhaps..................Dyce590 is that where you got your loop roll script from??

Thanks for the time
Huey

Posted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 9:34 pm
Does that mapping from the wiki work with the RMX ? if so please describe the RMX's reaction. and how you know what 'mode' you are in if you are using the RMX/STEEl skin ?

Also,that is not the mapping i am using. Unfortunately I am on my other laptop at the moment but later on when I switch over i will post my mapping

Posted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 9:41 pm
Nice!!

Thanks bro and with Bob your in good hands hes great at what he does!
Huey

Posted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 9:43 pm
Can anybody chime in to answer my question ?

Posted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 10:03 pm
You can do this with any controller. Just choose a button to be your multi SHOFT, assign it asd above. The LED will show you in what mode you are (Off, blink, blink fast, on)

Posted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 8:01 am
Dj dad i will play around with it later

As for my mapping :

Reassign button / code

scratch / set '$shift' 1 while_pressed

button 1 / var '$shift' ? loop .0625 : djc_button_1

button 2 / var '$shift' ? loop .125 : djc_button_2

button 3 / var '$shift' ? loop .25 : djc_button_3

button 4 / var '$shift' ? loop .5 : djc_button_4

button 5 / var '$shift' ? loop 1 : djc_button_5

button 6 / var '$shift' ? loop 8 : djc_button_6

This isnt much of a 'loop roll' but each button has the same function as if you were on a dicer.
For button 6 you can assign however long you want it to be, the novation dicer only has 5 buttons and i like mixing my songs in 8 beat loops.

Posted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 5:12 pm
cortoPRO InfinityMember since 2004

CAn it be done with the knob?

Posted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 8:13 am
please explain...

Posted Sun 09 Jan 11 @ 5:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)