Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Why wont the history save? and no playlists will create!?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

I am a full pro user. and i downloaded virtual DJ 6 when it came out, and its been fine but wont ever let me use history, its always been blank, and i can not create any playlists.

after months of using virtual DJ without these feature, i have decided i would like to have them after paying for them!!!

i deleted the whole of virtual DJ, from the uninstaller, and then manually leaving NOTHING from Virtual DJ, and then i downloaded the latest Virtual DJ 7, and still it wont save any playlists, or history??

can anyone advise!!!

Ade

Posted Fri 24 Dec 10 @ 6:49 pm
Most likely your user account does not have permission to write to these folders, or they do not exist.

Use Windows Explorer to browse to the folder My Documents\VirtualDJ and check that the following folders exist:

Tracklisting

Playlists

If these folders exist, right-click on them and choose Properties. Check that your user account is listed under the Security tab (If this is present.)

Posted Sat 25 Dec 10 @ 1:15 pm
Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I have checked my laptop and the program files and they are showing playlists and tracklisting. I have done what you said, and im not sure what I am supposed to be looking for??

Under where you said i have the following:

Creator / Owner selected, and everything seems to be the same as on my home office??

this is strange!!!

i haver put the free one on my girlfriends lap top (which is same model etc...we bought both at the same time just different colours!) hers in fine?

Ade

Posted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 7:48 am
4magicHome userMember since 2006
Anyone know how to get old history list from 6 to pro 7 if you loaded 7 on a new laptop first?

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 12:19 pm
Im new to this whole dj stuff i got dj 7
how do you save your songs ??

Posted Mon 15 Aug 11 @ 11:27 am

Posted Mon 15 Aug 11 @ 11:29 am
I'm not sure if you've figured this out yet, but I stumbled upon this post when I encountered the same problem and reading the manual (at least perusing the "playlist" searches in the PDF) did not help me resolve my issue, reinstalling VDJ did.

I assume like myself you had installed previous versions of VDJ. I installed VDJ Home, then VDJ 6 LE (which came with a controller I bought) and then VDJ 7 (legit purchased version). The home version saved playlists and history perfectly fine and I found this a useful feature that was missing in VDJ 6 LE and was a big reason for the upgrade. Once I installed VDJ 7 history did not work nor did playlists saving. I think I know why...

When VDJ 6 (or presumably any other version) is installed it creates a VDJ folder in your accounts documents folder. If this folder is present when you install VDJ 7 (even if you uninstall VDJ 6 but keep your database this will be present I think) then the VDJ 7 install will NOT install a fresh version of this folder and since it did not create the existing version it does not have permission to edit the files within it. I tried a VDJ 7 repair once this folder was removed and that didn't work. I think this document VDJ folder creation process only happens during initial install. So yeah, seems like the only way to resolve this is to remove/rename the VDJ folder in your user account documents folder and reinstall. You would think since it would be a common occurrence to have this VDJ folder previously existing (presumably lots of people upgrade) that the VDJ 7 install would recognize this and handle it by creating another unique folder or provide a warning. Kind of annoying to have to reinstall, but history and playlists are why I bought VDJ 7 Pro so it was what had to be done.

Hope this helps!

Posted Tue 31 Jan 12 @ 6:33 pm

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 6:54 pm
burnoeHome userMember since 2010
I have all the permission enabled and there are still no playlists in the finder folder. But I do see the playlists in Virtual DJ

Posted Tue 28 Aug 12 @ 11:05 am
maybe a dumb suggestion but have not read anyone mentioning that you are saving the PLAYLIST.

You need to SAVE (whatever you want to call it) the PLAYLIST before you can use it.

The HISTORY saves automatically of what you've played the DAY (different from PLAYLIST).

Posted Tue 28 Aug 12 @ 12:02 pm
Open Tracklisting here

Posted Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 10:50 pm
Open Tracklisting here

Open Tracklisting here

Open Tracklisting here

Open Tracklisting here

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)