Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bundled Virtual DJ for Hercules DJ Console stutters...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using a Compaq 700Mhz 128Mb Ram running WinXP and it's loaded with a bare minimum or a bunch of MP3's and Virtual DJ and MixVibes 5... I prefer using the Virtual DJ for my HDJC but I noticed that whenever I do a long segue like 32-32-32 then when I hit the crossfader to the end the music suddenly stutters for sever seconds before it resumes. The last time it happened it stuttered for 5 mins and crashed my laptop. After that I had to pull the plug since the off button or reset didn't work... next thing I knew my Virtual DJ had problems starting up and exited... I reinstalled and same thing still happened... good thing I had a restore point in WinXP before this disaster and was so lucky to get it all back again. Anyway my question is... I found that there is a patch 1.09 which I just downloaded from this site, will this fix this problem? My apologies for the rant. I love using Virtual DJ and my spanking new HDJC so I don't want to feel dissapointed about this matter...

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 3:38 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mickbarroga

128 mb ram is to low for vdj.
u can use memory from your harddrive to build up the ramms.
i play with 256 mb ram and that's low to...with this extra memory from the harddrive it works better.

Posted Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 5:32 am
woodsyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Mick,
You're on the minimum spec there, the CPU & RAM combo you have will struggle. There are some tweeks that could help in your case.
It will stutter loading the next track cos the CPU is at 100%, try setting config, General/MaxLoad to none and turn off time strech in the Fame settings to ease the load & CPU use.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 11:27 am
download the patch, it will update your version to 1.09

having that little ram, turn off all unneeded services that WINXP runs, and all background apps (anti virus, firewall, spyware, MSN messenger, Itunes helper etc etc) - to free the most resources you can...(press control+alt+del and end all proseses that are not needed for running VDJ)

hopefully VDJ will run a bit better when running bare minimum of services, having that little ram at your system
ยจ

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 4:14 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Even using Windows XP with 128 MB of RAM isn't enough. tap ctrl+alt+del on you keyboard then go to the performance tab, you will see that nearly all your RAM is used even when you aren't doing anything on the computer.

with the price of RAM now, try buying a 512MB upgrade or 256 to add to your 128.

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 12:32 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
ram for desktops is so cheap! go to 1GB ;)

Dj Nikki

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 6:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)