Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help on How to Map pitch slides?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I seem to have a problem with my pitch sliders midi/mapper.
I've got a vci-100 I use with vdj and knowing it is natively supported, It should work right? Well everything does including crossfader/all buttons/volume sliders etc...EXCEPT for the pitch sliders. (both sides). Maybe I tried to adjust them, I don't know but they just don't work.
They work on Traktor pro, I downloaded deckadance trial (just to test the sliders) and both programs respond to the pitch sliders midi from the vci-100.
I guess the vdj mapper? or something is off? Anyone know how to get the mapper in VDJ to work again.

Amy help would be appreciated

BC

Posted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 9:21 am

Posted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 9:27 am
jakovski,

Thank-you. I figure that the 1.4 firmware is my problem. I don't have fw 1.3, I have 1.4. However, its funny that most of the other functions work (except the pitch sliders).

I guess if fw 1.4 doesn't come out soon, I'll have to downgrade back to 1.3

Thanks for the help.

BC

Posted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 11:26 am
So, i have made a complete mapper and definition for the new Firmware 1.4. Everything is fine except that the download is still in waiting status. I will check this.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 12:05 pm

Posted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 12:23 pm
That makes sense....

From what I have read, firmware 1.4 was 're-engineered' to allow double(or more) the midi notes sent from the controller (for better accuracy). Maybe that's why when I slide the hardware pitch slider up and down, the software doesn't 'catch'....the midi notes don't line up with the software?

Anyway, I hope with that 1.4 mapping, I can get the sliders to work again...

Thank-you

BC
(patiently waiting)

Posted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 12:54 pm
Jakovski thank-you,

Got the vci-100 1.4 mapper in the controller download section and the left pitch slider works great, however,

if I slide my vci-100's left pitch slider OR right pitch slider, they both control the software's (VDJ) left slider only?

Can I fix that somehow? or can you make a slight 'fix' on the mapper please?

BC

Posted Wed 08 Dec 10 @ 6:33 pm
Oh, i see..... It's a small 'copy & paste' bug. You can fix it just by editing this line:

wrong:
<slider pitch="true" channel="2" name="PITCH" deck="1" />

correct:
<slider pitch="true" channel="2" name="PITCH" deck="2" />

I reuploaded v1.1 to fix this. Thanx.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Thu 09 Dec 10 @ 9:24 am
Thank-you very much...

....and the flashing play button is excellent too.

BC

btw... Is there a line I can modify to light the 4 navigation led's lit? maybe the shift button also? They are hard to see in the dark. I don't know how to do that?

Posted Thu 09 Dec 10 @ 10:01 am
I tested this but they only have two values - on and off.

The only thin possible would be to open the controller and add an LED with resistor as background light.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Thu 09 Dec 10 @ 10:26 am
Ok I can live without the led navigation buttons.

Thank-you for everything.. Works great!

BC

Posted Thu 09 Dec 10 @ 6:49 pm
Hi,

I've downloaded both of your mapping files, currently using 1.3 but upgrading to 1.4 firmware soon. I'm just wondering if you will be upgrading them to work with vDJ 8?

I can only seem to get them working in vDJ 7.

Thanks for your effort with these either way, it's been a huge help.

Posted Wed 04 Mar 15 @ 9:58 am
Will think about it. It's actually just a lack of time.

Maybe i will find a free spot in the next weeks.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Wed 04 Mar 15 @ 11:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)