Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: [Request] "Bleep" effect for explicit songs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJGCEPRO InfinityMember since 2009
you know when you have to DJ teen parties like at high schools and whatnot, and the principal asks you not to use explicit songs, so you cant find a clean version, so you end up playing the explicit song but have to move the crossfader every time there is an F-bomb dropped?

Well i was wondering if somebody out there could make a Mac and PC version of a bleep effect, you know not the typical plugin where its all like "i (BLEEP EFFECT) your girl", but like how the Numark Mixdeck's bleep switch works, where the track keeps playing but the curse word sounds reversed, you guys get what im sayin?

Posted Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 1:49 pm
You could just map a button "Dump" = "reverse the playback direction while dump is active, then when deactivated, start again forward from where the song should have been if it had been playing forward during the dump."

Of course youd have to know ALL your music pretty well...............

Hope this helps
Huey

Posted Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 1:53 pm
lol Huey thanks man, works great... and yeah, when you spend countless hours practicing, you kinda know where the curse words are.

Posted Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 2:44 pm
just use the "forward reverse" sound effect. it keeps the flow going and you dont hear the annoying beep in the song that actually brings more attention to the swear words

Posted Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 12:09 am
Bro that's what the "Dump" action is.............

Huey

Posted Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 6:40 am
xlbass, i didnt mean a literal beep... i meant the mixdeck bleep, which i realized IS forward reverse.

Posted Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 3:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)