Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin Caused a Crash................

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Heres the Crash Report,
(date=1012051331, version=7.0.1 Pro, build=345, thread=Main, dump=8901eb28, excode=c0000005 (1,78b8c54))

and this is the skin that caused it,
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12141/CDJ2000_PIONEER_v_7.html.

Its a knock off of my skin so I wanted to check it out but the 3 time I tried to pick it VDJ would crash. All I did was open VDJ then go to setting to choose the skin and it crashed, hit recover and tried it again but it crashed again.

Huey

Posted Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 1:37 pm
strange is this problem, on my machine works 100%, and only use it

Posted Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 3:49 pm
huey..did you resize that one? got that from one of 2 resizes (the larger one) for i forget what skin last week.i just got rid of it,blamed it on the Resizer but now its working (well it aint making them Crashers with Recent ones )...odd

Posted Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 9:38 pm
Naw, you know me I dont resize anything, lol!! They got the crash report so now we wait.

huey

[EDIT] After resizing it it didnt crash, weird.

Posted Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 10:46 pm
That would suggest that one (or maybe more) of the elements in original points to a part in the .BMP that doesn't exist.

E.g if the total bitmap is 1440x1800pixels but one element is saying the image is at "x=200 y=1831[\b]" this is would instantly cause an XML error and could cause VDJ to crash.

Posted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 1:13 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not totaly correct since resizing works without crash. I think this particular crash has nothing to do with the skin itself.

Posted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 1:18 am

Posted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 3:34 am
I just think its weird that Tracker has had the same thing happen to him with a different skin...........and we both have 2 totally different machines. And what's really weird is that its my skin just with different players, lol! Could of used better pictures but it is what it is. Anyways that's what the crash report is for so we wait. Also the skin was like 1920x something I believe.

Good Day and Thanks for lookin
Huey

Posted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 7:52 am
At the time i blamed it at the fact that it was a "way up there" resolution i was resizing..but not sure which skin,have to check..

Posted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 11:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)