Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ Turntable momentum.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all, this is not a physics class ;) but i have a question about vdj's turntables (decks),
see, when i do a scratch and then push the mouse with some force so that the track is driven back,(opposing its actual frontward direction,) then when i let go of the mouse button, the track should actually still travel a bit in the same (backward) direction for a small amount of time right??(as witha real tt) (Answer needed). But instead, it stops the very instant i release the mouse button and plays from that position. I think its supposed to have some amount of momentum like a real tt...isnt it???
If yes, how is it possible to do this in vdj? Will the xp10 do this?
Awaiting your answers.
thanks.
ps: (as you can see, i dont have any experience with a real tt, didnt invest in them yet..)

Posted Sat 02 Jul 05 @ 12:09 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Get a real turntable....

Posted Sat 02 Jul 05 @ 1:49 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In traktor this moment is handled, why not in VDJ??

FRUiT94

Posted Sat 02 Jul 05 @ 9:35 pm
@apopsis: You mean its not possible with VDJ in future versions? Not even with an XP10?

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 7:21 am
Come on guys you know anything is possible in virtual dj. This should be added to the new features section.

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 7:22 am
Thats the spirit Support Staff! I love this software. I know it can be done with VDJ...even better than what Traktor has setup...
To be honest, no offense to Traktor users, the scratch engine sucks...and the one in VDJ rocks...
Will be adding it to the New Features section about now...

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 9:13 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I use Hercules Console and XP10.
With XP10 you can do this better than with mouse, with Console - i made buttons on skin that let me set "use jogs to scratch" function of HDJC and when i like to do this i press this button and i make real backspin with jogs!
I will put scr pic of changed skin in my blog.

Dj Nikki

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 2:29 pm
Djaditya: I just mean.. when you need to scratch, -if you are serious about it- scratch with a turntable, when you need to drive, use a car...
Can you imagine to drive a car with a mouse ? I think its possible... You can drive for 100 m and then ...crash..
Its the same with scratching, ...it is just safer..
Dont get me wrong, but scratching with the mouse was always a joke for me..
I'd better to ...scratch my head :)
It will not hurt anyone to improve this mouse scratching thing, but requests like this makes the software more than a "toy", while request like "improve the vinyl sound or the bad Time stretching algorithm" give a more professional direction to the software.
And thats my point.
Who else agree with this point of view ?
What kind of dj software we need ?

PS. After all turtables and TC vinyls are not that expensive.. try it, you'll see the difference.

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 3:19 pm
Ok, but it is more expensive than making a new edition in a future version...;)
thanks anyways.

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 4:41 pm
No problem with your request, its fair...
I just feel the same everytime i read a request to the "wrong direction", i wanted to write this.
Maybe its a good idea to discuss this in the general forum.

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 6:02 pm
I actually mentioned this somewhere else. The momentum is ALMOST there, but not quite (I use an xp10).

Posted Sat 16 Jul 05 @ 7:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)