Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: on board sound card?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just a quick question... I’m trying VDJ, and likening in quite well.... I am considering using it for mixing for a party, once I purchase the full version.

It sounds GREAT on my home pc, connected to my PC speakers... good speakers with a sub. I do not have a sound card, just the on board sound that came with my Asus motherboard. If I was to connect to a mixing board, then amp, then pro speakers.... DO I NEED TO GET A SOUND CARD??? shouldn’t it sound just as good as it does in my home, on the PC speakers?

I’m very new to computer DJ'in.. any help will be helpful!

Scottie

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 3:07 am
Hello deejay scottie! Virtual DJ is a very powerful software and it is well worth its price.
Firstly, what onboard card do you have? Is it a 5 channel, 6 channel or what?
If you want to connect it to an external mixer, then you will need atleast two seperate outputs from your soundcard. (It is also possible with just one, but not so practical).
But if you are satisfied with the quality of sound coming form your soundcard, it wouldnt be necessary for you to get another s/c.
But , there are some s/cs out there that give you professional quality sound exclusively for djing purposes. Please search these forums for more info, and also, you can wait for other djs for their opinions...
regards.
Aditya

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 7:38 am
Thanks, I conected my pc up to my system... the on board sound card isnt going to cut it.... the volume is very low. ALso I got some interference noise. I was hopeing that I could use what I had, without having to spend too much to up grade my Pc. Its farily new, P4 3.0, but I didnt bother with a sound or vid card... looks like Im going to have to get one now. But they range from cheep, to very expencive.... Where is a good place to get info on what Im going to need?
Thanks, Scott

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 4:30 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
we in the same boat, just get a maya 44. its all you need

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 8:18 pm
Well, a Maya44USB is a solution only if you are connecting your soundcard to other devices like mixers, systems, etc. But if you want to be open for gaming too..then go for pc soundcard like Sound Blaster Audigy2 (quite reasonable)
But for Djing, (ie connecting turntables,mixers, etc...)go for the Maya44USB

Posted Fri 01 Jul 05 @ 9:13 am
no gaming for me... working way too much for that! I’m wanting to switch over to digital Djing and wanted to try it with my PC first... before jumping into a laptop. for those that use this for pro events.... do you find that you use the hot keys more them the mouse?

Scott

Posted Fri 01 Jul 05 @ 7:37 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
You'll probably prefer an external controller like the DMC, DAC, Hercules, or XP-10.
Hot Keys and mouse are useful, but if you've been spinning on regular DJ equipment, you'll be more comfortable on a dedicated controller.
Hercules and XP-10's take care of controller and sound for you. There are others too.

Posted Fri 01 Jul 05 @ 11:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)