Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS4 Mapper FULL v.2.0 - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Toxic-VPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hey Djs.. I have a few issues/questions.. & was wondering if I some1 could help me out?

-When recording a mix.. The final recording comes out messed up ..for some reason it doesnt only record what comes out of the master volume.. but also whats being previewd on the the cue(headphones)... its like they overlap... so it doesnt only record what the audience is supossed to hear.. but also what I'm hearing on my headphones.. from other tracks.. it messes up the scratching/fading etc of the final product.. why is that??
& how can I fix it?

-when using the beat lock & sync to match the bpm of the other track... how do i reset it so that its back to its normal bmp??

-& the last thing.. I've read in forums that the bits settings of the soundscard can be adjusted to have a higher & smoother volume out when playing at larger clubs with more powerfull systems.. how do i do this??

..any help will be very apretiated..

Thanks

Toxic-V

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 12:55 am

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 4:28 am
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
question for guru DJ DAD
ok learning here I've mapped the pause button to blink when 35 sec are left and faster 25 20 15.
how do I make them blink green for 35 25 then change to red for 20 and 15?

here is the script i use
<map value="LED_PAUSE" action="songpos_remain 15000ms ? on : songpos_remain 20000ms ? blink 400ms : songpos_remain 25000ms ? blink 1200ms : songpos_remain 35000ms ? blink 1600ms" />

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 11:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Pause button is not one of the dual led buttons.
As far as i remember dual leds are Hot Cues, Loop, LoopIn and Loop out.

Note also that these dual led buttons have different midi code.

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 4:04 pm
thanks so I'll just keep it blinking orange as it does now I like being notified on the controller instead of the laptop screen.
Anyway thanks for your mapper I like it a lot better then the original with some small adjustments to make it perfect the way my brain likes to work.

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 4:47 pm
Teamer support staff thanks for the info regarding the recording..

now what about...

-when using the beat lock & sync to match the bpm of the other track... how do i reset it so that its back to its normal bmp??

-& I've read in forums that the bits settings of the soundscard can be adjusted to have a higher & smoother volume out when playing at larger clubs with more powerfull systems.. how do i do this??

..anybody?

Thanks

Toxic-V

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 12:06 am
The pitch slider of the VMS4 does pitch_reset when it is in the middle position. So simply touch the pitch slider and try to move it slightly. You will feel the middle position and the VMS4 will do the rest for you.

As for your second question, although i've heard it too, there is nothing official. I have contacted with AA but the told me that there is nothing i can do about it. So, unless you have access to the CLub Pa systems, you could use a secondary sound card with larger output volume such as an Audio 4DJ.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 10:20 am
what is the difference between S_Pxxxx and SHIF_Pxxxxx ?

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 12:58 pm
thanks Dj Dad.. but i would have to press shift-sync first right? & then move the slider?

as for the output probs.. if i was to use a differnt soundcard like the Audio 4DJ.. would I have to reprogram something? like deactivate the soundcard that comes with the vms4? ..how is this done? is it recomended? & are there any further complications in doing something like this?

thanks for all the help..
-Toxic-V

Posted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 1:51 am
I am at the office right now, but i think that shift+sync does beatlock.

About the sound card...
You have to do is set a different sound setup in the config menu, and some connections to the rear side, just like an analogue mixer.Also the midilog chanels must be set to analogue from the front side.

Posted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 3:33 am
ok great.. thnks DjDad

Posted Sun 13 Mar 11 @ 9:21 pm
Hi,
I'm a new user and having trouble activating the four decks.
The mapper files are in the correct folders but I'm not sure which skin to use to view the four decks - when I use the virtual DJ 4 deck skin and have a song playing in decks 3 or 4 no song is played, even though the volume is up on all 4 midilogs on the vms4 controller.
Please advise if possible.
Thanks

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 10:34 pm
Hello, you need to use the mapper DJDAD and VDJ skins that are on the website, adjust the output to 8 and see that everything works out well.
P.S. I also had to downgrade the firmware back to 3.8 and otherwise gave me problems on the audio, but not always the case!

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 4:54 am
Is it the VMS4 skin? I only see two decks with that. I must be missing something.

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 7:13 am
This is my skin http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/11940/American_Audio_VMS4_Pro.html

Note. Don't move any sliders in the skin with your mouse. It will mess up things in the sound.
There is a small button on the top of the skin to toggle between 2 and 4 decks.
An updated skin is almost ready, basically to view both effect sliders, and some other things (corrections). Soon.

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 9:14 am
Dj Dad Thanks mapping the vms4.....every thing works as according to the mapping instruction....except the HIGH knob on deck 2 , it moves when I turn the GAIN knob. Can you help me with this problem?

Posted Sun 27 Mar 11 @ 5:17 pm
I can help you map them again, as it seems you tried to change something and messed up things a little, but if you install the mapper again, it will definitely solve you problem.

Posted Sun 27 Mar 11 @ 6:01 pm
A nice surprise will come in a couple of days for the VMS4 users :p

Posted Sun 27 Mar 11 @ 10:05 pm
Sooner as usual :p

American Audio VMS4 Mapper Full V.2.0

Download Link
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12221/American_Audio_VMS4_Pro_Full.html

Ver 2.0

• Added Slip Mode Function
  • Added ScratrchEffect Function (idea from Simon)
  • Removed Gain knobs from mapper (works better this way :p)

SLIP MODE
If you dont know what Slip mode is see an example here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ilucq43dm4
Slip Mode will work with Jog and loops.
Important. Slip Mode uses fake decks 5&6, so if you dont use VMS4 Skin ver 2.3, you will have to edit the first line of the xml of the one you use. The first line should look like ...
<Skin name="name of the skin" version="700" width="1440" height="900" nbdecks="6">

SCRATCHEFFECT
The ScratchEffect actually gives an acoustic result like if we could scratch real (quick cuts). In order thsi Mode to work, you will need the Cut Effect which you may download it from here http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/727/Cut.html in case it's not already installed on your system.
Go to the Effect Page and adjust the Cut Fx slider to 1/4 beat. Once you do that and activate the ScratchEffect (SHIFT+SEARCH>>) grab the jogwheel and try to scratch without moving the crossfsder of course.
Here is a demo video from Simon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6n6TtVabSw&feature=player_embedded

Posted Mon 28 Mar 11 @ 7:43 pm
How can i use the new mapping with the toggleshift and the browser function <3 with my own mapping and the normal
2 decks skin?

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 5:56 am
57%