Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS4 Mapper FULL v.2.0 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Tha Pitchbend buttons are mapped to make the swap between deck 1,3 and decks 2,4.
For your crossfader issue.. are you sure that your CF A and CF B are in the right position? Meaning that if you want to crossfade between deck 1 and 2 these must be set to CH2 for A and CH3 for B.

Posted Thu 23 Dec 10 @ 8:14 pm
hi i don`t know how to mapp vdj
i need that the volume of the decks work right!
thanks

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 8:40 am
IF YOU DON'T WANT MAPP...
you keep the console in standard mode and with LIGHT version you don't can anything... only 2 channels in digital mode

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 10:01 am
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
i bought the vms4 last week and have found it mapped incredibly badly on the le version, so i went to purchase the full version of vdj just to get it working right.... went threw all the rubish to pay for it with paypal and was told i had to link a debit or credit card to paypal. if i had a credit or debit card i wouldent have to use paypal. so now im stuck with a duff controler that dosent work right and no way of getting a full copy of vdj without paying full price in a shop????

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 11:38 am
paypal needs a support of a credit or debit card, if you purchase on the website of VirtualDJ, you can get the discount

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 11:52 am
Dj Deiivid wrote :
hi i don`t know how to mapp vdj
i need that the volume of the decks work right!
thanks

You will need to upgrade to Pro Version in order to map your VMS4. VMS4 Users have also a large discount on purcase.
http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 8:18 pm
hi evrybody,ive just bought the vms4 and i can only work only 2 channel but i want to download the 4 cahannel mapper and i cant because it says that my current licences does not allow me to download it,can someone send the mapper to that e-mail adress? if anyone has the mapper pleasa sand it to me!

[E-mail address removed - Please DO NOT ask our users to send you plugins which you are not entiteld to.]

Posted Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 7:45 am

Posted Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 3:50 pm
Toxic-VPRO InfinityMember since 2010
DJ Dad.. you are the man! ..great mappin/skin & taking the time to answer our questions is very well apretiated.. Thanks alot. I got everything hooked up & its all working properly.. one last question tho' ..what steps do I need to take in order to RECORD a mix?

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 11:41 pm
Toxic-VPRO InfinityMember since 2010
actually disregard the question about recording a mix.. for some reason it wasnt working b4,, now it is.. how ever is there a shortcut to turn the recorder on & off? without the use of the mouse or keyboard? ..thanks

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 11:55 pm
You can map a button of your choice on your MIDI controller to the action: record

And/or you can assign a key on your keyboard to this function.

Posted Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 4:41 am
dj-tony-parma wrote :
paypal needs a support of a credit or debit card, if you purchase on the website of VirtualDJ, you can get the discount

got past the problem by moveing the funds into paypal account from my bank before i tried again and now i have full membership....

have downloaded what i think is this mapper... the one i installed was the djdad mapper from the adons section file name from downloaded file is: install_American_Audio_VMS4_Pro_Full

seems to do mostly what i need but with 2 exeptions:
cannot get sound from channels 3&4... might be my setting on vdj or the vms4... please could u advise me on how to sort this
also the mic dosent record or broadcast from vdj even though it comes threw to my speakers from the master output

sorry if i seem a bit dumb but im not really used to mixers mapping and technical stuff, but thanks to djdad for what seems a great mapper

Posted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 2:31 pm
@getafix
give me your config... and i see how to help you

Posted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 3:13 pm
thanks tony

on the vms4 cf a is on ch 2, cf b is on ch 3 and its set to 4 out....

on vdj sound setup is inputs none, outputs external mixer (deck 1 ch 1&2 deck 2 ch 3&4) , sound card is asio driver
asio is blank when i select it in vdj and same if i open it from start button/all programs..... (seems weird being blank now ???)
also i dont seem to have the option to add setting to the asio ?????

im not sure what frameware im on but i did download vms4-firmware311 and am sure its installed
and when i turn the vms4 i get 3 lights on left and 11 on right so should be 3.11

hope thats enough info... do u need any more???

thanks for any help

Posted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 4:07 pm

Posted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 4:50 pm
try this... bye

Posted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 4:53 pm
try this... bye

Posted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 4:53 pm
Tony
users and me personally would like to thank you for your support and answers.
I noticed that you keep proposing users to set up theire VMS4 as deck 1,2,3,4 order. On the contrary the way my mapper is set the order should be 3,1,2,4
Please try to keep this order, at least in this particular topic which refers to my mapper, otherway users might get confused.

The reason that this weird order 3,1,2,4 is proposed is that this way a user can hook up 2 cd players (timecoded or not) on the left and right side of the VMS4. As you may imagine this order will be suitable for mixing.

Note also that the native mapping of the VMS4 (LE VirtualDJ) is also using this deck order.

Thank you Tony.

Posted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 5:03 pm
is right ... but I tried it on the fly to respond to Getafix ... sorry

Posted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 5:10 pm
thanks to both of you for all your help with this, hopefully it can be sortied....
i followed the diagram in the link for the advanced config for the 8 out, but now i have found that i only have decks 1 & 3 with sound

to get deck 3 to work both gains on midlog 1 & 3 have to be up
for deck 1 the gains on midlogs 2 & 4 have to be up

the fader on deck 1 will affect deck 1
the fader on deck 2 affects deck 3
the fader on deck 3 affects deck 3
and the fader on deck 4 affects deck 1

this seems totaly weird ????

any ideas what is causeing this???

Posted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 7:55 pm
34%