Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ** Major crash - No more music, just a loud buzzing sound **

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

While testing this nice software at a few gigs this week-end, I experienced a major bug twice -- one time on friday night, and another time on sunday. Thursday and saturday, no problemo!

What happened was, after about 3 hours of non-stop mixing, all of a sudden the music stopped and all I would hear was an extremely loud BUZZ for a few seconds (loud and long enough that it torqued a Peavey speaker cone out of it's magnet...)

I had to crash the software myself, using the task manager. Then started up the software again, and nothing went wrong thereafter.

Anything on this particuliar bug?

Thank you!

My system is configured as follows:

Toshiba laptop with PIV 2.8 ghz processor
External USB sound blaster card (one sound card setup in the software, downmixed to mono...)
Win XP pro with SP2

Posted Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 6:21 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
What version of the program are you using and is it a demo version?

Posted Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 6:56 pm
its a bug in the cracked version internodal...

The only thing to do is getting the full legal version, where there are no such issues...
cracked versions dont work like they should, sorry

using a cracked version at a gig, is usually not a good idea ;)

Posted Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 10:05 pm
There goes those eyes like a hawk from Grand Ma!!!!

MS

Posted Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 11:23 pm
:)

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 12:23 am
DJ-in-Norway,

To be perfectly honnest with you, I was absolutely planning on purchasing the software. My partner, however, chose to crack the software so we could test it during a longer time period than what is permitted by the demo software.

This taught us a lesson, which we have payed for with the destruction of one of our speakers...

I would recommend, however, that in future demo versions of the software, the time limit be at least 30 days or even 60 days. We like to test a software not only in terms of functionality, but also in terms of long-term reliability, which is of the utmost importance for a DJ software.

In conclusion, as I understand it, the only way we could really give this software a beating, is by purchasing it and hope it lives up to our first impression of it?

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 8:38 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VirtualDJ is the best PC-Djing software for sure.
You won't never be sad by its purchase trust me.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 9:18 am
the buzz bug is for sure not there in the full legal version ;)

I use the pro version at gigs 3 times a week, no issues at all ... ;)

You can try the legal demo for 20 days as of now, maybe we will go for 30days or more in the future..

anyways, having the full legal version will ensure a working VDJ all nite long, give you updates and upgrades for free so far, and also access to amazing effects, full support and more :)

Would be happy to see you as a full member, and sorry to hear about those speakers ....

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 2:37 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Thats gotta hurt....

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 2:46 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
how would a cracked do something like that? i know if it's monkeyed with but it might be unstable but blowing up like that after 3 hours, to me that sounds more like system issue. maybe a combo? no one really can say for sure. but i'd hate to see these guys buy legit and blow more speakers. All pc's are set up differently if we know what you were running it might help also.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 4:06 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's not a system issue and of course it's not in the full version and dj-in-norway answered this

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 6:59 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No Comment!.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 8:01 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i figured that was the reaction i'd get but since there was a time frame involved and being laptops overheat all the time if not set up properly, blame it on the crack might not always apply. pc'ssoftware/drivers are all so different.......i was only asking

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 10:30 pm
Its a bug in the CRACKED version only... end of story :)

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 12:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)