Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Showing Masterdeck mode status in a skin (or controller)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Today I've been playing with four deck mixing and observing how the masterdeck function works.

By default, when one starts playing from a new deck, then pauses (or turns down) the first one that is Master, the new deck automatically becomes the Masterdeck.

What I discovered by accident, however, was that if you click "Master" when it is already active, it disables the auto-switching so that pausing or adjusting levels no longer switches the Master Deck.

The problem is that there is *no* indication that this is the case, so without knowing that it behaved in this way, I was oblivious to the fact that I had changed its behavior.

Is there some way to indicate that the Masterdeck is "locked" in its current status, or to indicate that it is "automatic"? It would be great to show that on the skin - perhaps a little lock icon beside the "masterdeck" button, for example, but I cannot find a vdjscript action that controls this since it just seems to be a contextual function of the normal "masterdeck" verb.

If anyone can tell me, that would be much appreciated!

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 9:14 am
There is currently no way to distinguish between 'auto' or 'manual' masterdeck, possibly something for the next version as you make a good point.

You can use "masterdeck off" and it will return to auto mode.

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 9:17 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thanks Dan.

I think what I will do in my upcoming skin is put an "Auto" button that is mapped to "masterdeck off" so at least clicking that will restore the automatic functionality, even if it can't be made to display a meaningful indication of the status. I can modify this logic when/if VDJ is updated to incorporate that feature.

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 9:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)